Central Washington University
Central Washington University is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity/Title IX employer committed to providing employment opportunities without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or protected veteran status.
Full/Part Time Full-Time
| || |
| || Job Summary |
| || |
This position supports the Cashier's Office by performing duties such as the following: Administering/monitoring the quarterly payment plan; primary person to answer phones and return emails; processing of payments received in by mail or electronically; posting of collections fees; posting department checks and credit cards; some work with collections calls. Researching and reconciliation of the electronic payments and payment corrections. Performs fiscally related tasks involving receipting, maintaining control records of receipts and distributing, transferring, and accounting for funds as well as distribution of refund checks, accounts payable checks and payroll checks and advices.
| || Job Duties |
| || |
- Post check payments received in the mail to student accounts. Post department checks and credit cards. Reverse/repost payments posted in error to incorrect quarters.
- Scholarship processing, including receipt of scholarship checks (in mail), logging checks onto scholarship check log, contacting Financial Aid with questions about the year/quarter to which the checks should be posted, scanning/copying scholarship checks for Financial Aid, posting scholarship payments to accounts.
- Reversing and reposting payments that were posted to incorrect terms; opening and processing mail
- Posting check payments received in the mail
- Administer/monitor payment plan, including helping students troubleshoot payment plan enrollment issues, answering payment plan questions, monitoring payments made, applying late fees for late payments, and dis-enrolling people from the plan when they do not make their payments.
- Process web payments.
- Monitor bank log for wire payments and tag declined payments. Tag other payments to be posted to departments.
- Print payroll, AP, and refund checks.
- Work with 1098T forms.
- Help monitor office for quality control, including reconciliation of account discrepancies.
- Primary contact for TouchNet E-Markets.
- Back-up Cashier, as needed.
- Data Analysis.
- Open and process mail.
- Process Direct Deposit forms.
- Process returned checks.
- Process charge credits.
- Answer Cashier's Office phone line and read and return Cashier's Office emails.
- Research miscellaneous checks.
- Some work with collections, including making collections calls
-Other duties as assigned
| || Minimum Qualifications |
| || |
- Experience handling payment transactions, such as retail sales clerk.
- Demonstrated customer service skills
- Experience processing payment transactions in a computerized system
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work with deadlines and heavy workload.
- Demonstrate ability to be meticulous about attention to detail
- Ability to learn quickly.
OR applicable combination of education and/or experience which demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
- Advance proficient experience with MS Excel
- Experience with PeopleSoft
- Knowledge of Cashiering and bookkeeping procedures involving receipt of funds
- Experience reconciling funds from multiple resources
- Experience with accounts receivable collections.
- Accountability/Dependability: Accepts responsibility for quality of own work; acknowledges and corrects mistakes. Shows up on time, meets standards, deadlines and work schedules.
- Judgement: Makes timely, informed decisions. Analyzes options and determines appropriate course of action.
- Teamwork: Promotes cooperation and mutual support to achieve goals. Encourages participation and mutual support.
- Adaptability/Flexibility: Responds positively to changing business needs and responsibilities. Adapts approach and methods to achieve results; recovers quickly from setbacks and finds alternatives.
- Commitment to Diversity: Recognizes the value of diversity and helps create environment that supports and embraces diversity.
| || Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule |
| || |
$2,485/month with periodic increases up to $3,287/month
| Monday - Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm (1 hour lunch) |
Work is performed in an indoor office setting with frequent in-person interactions. It is essential to be able to remain at a desk/computer work station for prolonged periods of time, perform extensive data entry and other computer-related tasks and create/maintain filing systems for departmental records. Some evening or weekend work and/or occasional travel may be required.
CWU offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, retirement and optional savings plans, life and disability insurance, along with vacation and sick leave plans depending on employment classification. For additional information please visit: http://www.cwu.edu/hr/benefits-0
| || How To Apply |
| || |
To apply for this position, you must complete the on-line application and attach:
- A detailed cover letter clearly demonstrating how your education and experience: (a) meet the required (and, as applicable, preferred) qualifications, and (b) demonstrate the ability to perform the responsibilities as described by the posting;
- Resume including work history, education, training; and
- Contact information for three professional references.
Screening Begins: March 12, 2017
**Priority will be given to applications received by the screening date. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
| || Contact Information |
| || |
Name: Maria Samayoa
Title: Cashier 4
Phone: (509) 963-3546
Website: Student Accounts
Please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-963-1202 if you require technical assistance with the on-line application process.
| || Conditions of Employment |
| || |
Prior to employment, final candidate(s) will be required to submit to a background check. All information obtained through background investigations will be strictly confidential and revealed only to those required to have access.