| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is full-time and works approximately 40 hours per week.
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Department of Surgery. This position is for the Medical School Campus.
The principle responsibility of this position is to develop and prospectively maintain a clinical and research database for the Melanoma Program at the Alvin J. Siteman Cancer Center and Washington University School of Medicine. The position will be overseen by Drs. Leonel Hernandez-Aya, Lynn Cornelius and Ryan Fields, Co-Leaders of the Melanoma Program. The successful candidate will be responsible for collaborating with the entire melanoma multidisciplinary team on the design, conduct, data analysis, and reporting of melanoma research projects.
The incumbent will need to have strong skills in research methodology and database development. Furthermore, the candidate will need to be able to perform data analysis including the generation of publication quality materials, such as tables and graphs for manuscripts and grants. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and capable of efficient, independent work. Analytical and problem solving skills are critical. The position will require work at multiple locations on the medical center campus utilizing the extensive IT infrastructure. Well-developed communication skills are critical to this position involving multiple investigators and clinicians.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and analyze database reports and summaries of data, reviewing accuracy of data with staff to resolve any discrepancy.
- Participate in the data gathering and preparation of data used in grant and fellowship applications.
- Participate in general administrative support including data entry, mailings, and other special projects as assigned.
- Working knowledge of research data capture programs such as REDCap, Qualtrics, etc.
- Proficiency in statistical analysis utilizing SAS, SPSS, R, or similar programs.
- Strong scientic writing and literacy skills with the ability to perform literature reviews.
- Understands the importance of accurate and controlled data collection, management and analysis.
- HIPPA Compliance, CITI compliance and IRB Compliance.
- Strong proficiency in data and querying and report development.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Principal Investigator.
- Bachelor’s degree is preferred, preferably in a Computer Science or Business related discipline. Equivalent combination of education and/or work experience acceptable.
- Must have experience with Access database development and maintenance.
- Experience with web development and management desired, knowledge of grant application process preferred.
Preferred Master’s Degree in a health related field such as Epidemiology, Statistics, Public Health or other equivalent education background with 4 years of grant funded research experience.
The hiring range for this position is $18.08 - $23.06 per hour.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Med School HR website (medschoolhr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions:
The position will require work at multiple locations on the medical center campus utilizing the extensive IT infrastructure.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
This position is grade G08.
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.