The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is one of the nation's leading orthopaedic and rheumatologic, specialty hospitals dedicated to the prevention and treatment of musculoskeletal diseases. The hospital provides some of the most advanced orthopaedic programs in the region for musculoskeletal disorders and the largest pediatric orthopaedic program in New York City. HJD is consistently ranked among the leading orthopaedic centers nationwide by U.S. News and World Report. Our expert physicians combine extensive experience and research with the latest technology for bone and joint problems that affect patient's ability to function. We specialize in the following areas: Orthopaedic Surgery Rheumatology Neurology Radiology.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a PerDiem-Security Officer in the Loss Prevention Department. To qualify a High School Diploma or equivalent is required. Valid New York State Security Guard License required. Prior military/law enforcement experience or Fire Drill Conductor certification preferred. Position requires a flexible work schedule, including evenings, nights, or weekends. The ability to climb stairs and walk long distances. The ability to see, hear, and communicate clearly required. Excellent oral, written, communication and interpersonal skills required.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for providing security by protecting NYUHJD patients, faculty, staff, students and visitors, and by preventing destructive acts to NYUHJD property. Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Prioritize, complete and communicate assigned work-Completes assigned work by the end of the tourEnsures effective coordination of departmental activities by informing department members of the current status of assigned work.Demonstrates willingness and the ability to perform various work assignments competently.Willingness to take on additional assignments upon completion of assigned work.
- Communicates effectively with all departments, the NYUHJD community and visitors-Maintains the integrity and confidentiality of information pertaining to the NYUHJD including clinician and patient information.Demonstrates appropriate communication techniques to defuse tense or hostile situations.Listens carefully and responds in an appropriate and professional manner.
- Prepares written reports as required-Composes written reports that are clear, complete and accurate.Completes reports in accordance with Security Department policies and procedures.Submits reports to the supervisor on a timely basis.
- Responds to the needs and requests for assistance from the NYUHJD community and visitors-Provides a prompt and courteous response to requests and/or inquiries from NYUHJD patients, visitors, faculty, staff and students.Demonstrates an awareness of important issues that may underlie or impact the request, inquiry or response.
- Investigates and follows-up on all incidents that compromise the safety and security of the NYUHJD community or property-Demonstrates investigative techniques appropriate to the situation.Demonstrates knowledge of appropriate contact person/department regarding identified hazards.Assists in emergency situations as appropriate and according to NYUHJD and Security Department policies and procedures.Demonstrates the ability to gather facts and thoroughly assess the scene of an incident.Follows Security Department policies and procedures when interviewing subjects, suspects, and witnesses to an incident or when interviewing complainants .
- Patrols NYUHJD grounds and facilities in order to safeguard life and property- Performs various security checks to safeguard life and property.Enforces NYUHJD and Security Department policies and procedures as appropriate.Recognizes potentially hazardous situations and implements appropriate preventive measures.Demonstrates knowledge of all security posts including the operations center.
The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view The Hospital for Joint Diseases (HJD) at NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.