The Office of the Registrar at West Virginia University is seeking applications for the position of DegreeWorks Analyst. This position is responsible for entering catalog requirements into DegreeWorks and will provide day-to-day technical support to the campus community. The Analyst will also be in charge of DegreeWorks training, which includes maintaining and developing content, program materials, in-class training presentations and online formats.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Perform a variety of duties involved in the maintenance and analysis of the degree audit reporting system, DegreeWorks.
- Perform the development, implementation, testing and continued support of DegreeWorks for all of WVU's campuses, which will require some travel.
- Code, update and modify degree audit programs, data and information such as curriculum requirements, courses and course requirement exceptions based on information from academic departments and governance groups.
- Research new and revised information regarding degree requirements through the University catalog, academic departments, and the Faculty Senate, as needed.
- Verify and assure accuracy of data, information and requirements for the degree audit system.
- Perform integral tasks in the testing and validation of DegreeWorks to ensure integrity of the system and protect personally identifiable information.
- Manage the creation and upkeep of templates within the DegreeWorks system and work to increase usage of the student planner, which are crucial parts of increasing utilization of the functions and the system as a whole.
- Aid in the oversight of Academic Services and curriculum-related systems including web tools, content and reporting.
- Research and develop plans for new DegreeWorks feature enhancements and upgrades.
- Interact with departments in creating new degree program requirements and determine adjustments to corresponding coding of degree requirements.
- Contribute to marketing/strategic initiatives to highlight degree audit system to faculty, staff and students.
- Lead and develop training for faculty and staff as prerequisite for access to DegreeWorks exceptions.
- Research and develop videos, documentation and FAQs related to the University systems for use by students, faculty and staff.
- Perform data analysis of training programs.
- Bachelor's degree required
- A least two (2) years of experience in the following areas:
- Principles, practices and techniques used in the maintenance and analysis of computer systems, programs and applications
- Experience with a computerized records management system or similar database management experience
- Strong customer service experience
- Knowledge of record-keeping and report preparation techniques
- Ability to understand multiple complex systems in order to train end users on each system
Preference will be given to applications received by Monday, March 20, 2017.
- Background check
- Valid driver's license
- Letter of interest
- Three professional references
About WVU At West Virginia University, we pride ourselves on a tireless endeavor for achievement. We are home to some of the most passionate, innovative minds in the country who push their limits for the sake of progress, constantly moving the world forward. Our students, faculty and staff make this institution one of the best out there, and we are proud to stand as one voice, one university, one WVU. Find out more about your opportunities as a Mountaineer at http://hr.wvu.edu/.
West Virginia University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff and students, and invites applications from all qualified individuals, including minorities, females, individuals with disabilities and Veterans.
Job Posting: Mar 3, 2017
Posting Classification: Non-Classified
Exemption Status: Exempt
Benefits Eligible: Yes