The Director, Analytics provides leadership and direction for the development and implementation of Community Health Choice's (Community) analytical reporting tools, data analysts and analytic services for the entire company. This position is responsible for collection, aggregation, analysis and presentation of decision support tools for Community Leadership. Collaborates with all departments, including Finance, IT, Operations, Medical Affairs and Network Management, from a strategic perspective to identify and maximize opportunities to utilize data to improve clinical outcomes, business processes, promote the strategic use of information, and enable the workforce to use data analysis and interpretation as a competitive tool. Responsible for State of Texas external deliverables. Audit claims payments to review compliance with contracts and identify financial opportunities. Requires knowledge of medical terminology and coding, HMO concepts, practices and procedures, as well as financial concepts and statistical analysis.
- Bachelors degree required in technical, mathematics, research, analytical field or other related field.
- Master's Degree strongly preferred in Healthcare Administration or related field.
- Six (6+) years of experience with medical coding/analysis, database analysis and maintenance
- Two (2 ) of management experience in healthcare
- Communication Skills: Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contract), Exceptional Verbal (e.g., Public Speaking), Writing /Composing , Correspondence /Reports
- Mathematics, Medical Terminology, Research, Statistical, P.C., MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access
- Familiarity with medical coding, utilization trends and healthcare finance.
- Strong analytical skills. Expertise with Excel, Access or other report databases.
- Advanced technical skills in computer programming, database concepts, statistics and ad hoc query tools (i.e. MS Access, SQL, Excel, etc.).
- Must be able to meet deadlines, juggle multiple projects and work independently.
Harris Health System benefits program is designed to provide you with more flexibility and choices in meeting your specific needs. Harris Health System benefits program allows you to protect your income in case of illness, death and disability, and to help you save for retirement.
It is the policy of Harris Health System to provide equal opportunity for all applicants for employment regardless political affiliation, race, color, national origin, age, sex, religious creed or disability. Applicants may request any reasonable accommodation(s) to participate in the application process.
Harris Health is a nationally recognized health system comprising three teaching hospitals and an extensive network of ambulatory care centers serving the people of Harris County, Texas, since 1966. Staffed by the faculty, fellows and residents from two nationally ranked medical schools, Baylor College of Medicine and The University of Texas Health Science Center at Houston (UTHealth), Harris Health is the first healthcare system in Houston to receive the prestigious National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) designation for its network of patient-centered medical homes.
Each year, Harris Health provides more than 1.8 million total outpatient visits through its more than 40 ambulatory care facilities. Additionally, Harris Health sees more than 177,000 emergency visits at its Level 1 and Level 3 trauma centers and 35,000 hospital admissions through its three hospitals: Ben Taub, LBJ and Quentin Mease.
Established by voter referendum to enhance the level of charity care available in the community, Harris Health System has often received national recognition for serving those in need and for its achievements in operational excellence, such as being named to the 2011, 2012, 2013 and 2014 Most Wired Hospitals lists by the American Hospital Association’s Hospitals & Health Networks magazine.
Additionally, Harris Health System is pleased that each of its three hospitals — Ben Taub, Lyndon B. Johnson and Quentin Mease — achieved Pathway to Excellence™ designation by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.