We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whist small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
M&G are looking for an Senior Operational Risk Consultant to join the Fixed Income Operational Risk Team to assist in the implementation of the revised M&G Operational Risk Framework and also to support existing operational risk processes within the Fixed Income Front Office.
You will be responsible for the following tasks
- Assisting in the implementation of the revised Control Self-Certification (CSC) operating standard across the various desks within Fixed Income
- Performing testing of key controls (both design and operation) that are identified by each desk CSC and report back to management and the Fixed Income Operational Risk Committee
- Building constructive and supportive working relationships across the business
- Supporting the development and maintenance of other operational risk processes, including (but not limited to) operational incident analysis and reporting, risk appetite reporting and risk control self-assessments
- Liaising with other areas within M&G to assist in developing a co-ordinated approach to both the application of the operational risk discipline and resolution of operational risk issues
What we are looking for
You will have a proven background in risk management and/or audit and compliance and will have experience of working within an Asset Management company, with experience of the Front Office (and dealing with senior management). In addition you will be pragmatic in both analytical thinking and problem solving and will possess strong influencing skills and the ability to build effective relationships. A good understanding of the FCA and regulation in general, as well as relevant qualifications, would be desirable although is not imperative. It would also be advantageous to have an understanding of end to end business processes as well as an appreciation of management, client, shareholder and regulator perspectives on risk.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.