We are not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy lifestyle balance. You will be joining one of Europe's leading Investment Management firms where you can expect real responsibility and recognition from day one. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, whist small enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and development to your specific needs.
The Retail Advisory Compliance team is responsible for the legal and regulatory requirements that apply to M&G's retail funds and associated products, and for securing and maintaining the requirements for registering funds in foreign jurisdictions.
The Retail Fund Documentation Compliance Team, is part of the Retail Advisory Compliance Team within Retail Compliance, and oversees the coordination and execution of prospectus updates, and associated passporting activities under the UCITS Directive. The Retail Fund Documentation team is an important and growing area of compliance with responsibility for maintaining the accuracy and integrity of M&G's fund documentation to meet ever increasing business demand.
The fund range is predominantly UK domiciled UCITS, with a Irish ICAV, a recently launched SICAV in Luxembourg, and NURS with a small range of offshore Feeders in Guernsey. The UK fund range is distributed in several European jurisdictions and increasingly in Asia and Latin America.
You must have strong organisational and written skills to update and co-ordinate the drafting and filing of prospectuses and other fund documents, eg KIIDs, to meet regulatory requirements for various jurisdictions.
We are particularly interested in applications from individuals working within the asset management sector in a document management or similar role.
- Updating of retail fund documentation, including instruments, trust deeds, scheme particulars, prospectuses and KIIDs.
- Maintain terms and conditions for ISAs and other fund related products.
- Prepare and maintain scheduler to maintain programme of updates and to ensure is managed with sufficient flexibility to meet unscheduled demand.
- Liaise with the production team, compliance and other teams as necessary to meet publication deadlines.
- Maintain contact with various business areas, external service providers, including law firms for European filings, and/or projects that require documents to be updated within specified timelines.
Essential experience and/or skills
- Experience in the maintenance of documentation or contracts within the asset management industry or in a similar role within financial services .
- Legal drafting (fund documentation).
- Experience in sourcing, co-ordinating and managing inputs across a range of functions and flexibility in working to exacting deadlines.
- Credibility and proven ability to engage with stakeholders across the business.
Desirable although not essential
- Knowledge of the requirements for maintaining registration of funds outside of the UK.
- Knowledge of FCA fund, or UCITS, rules.
- Languages (French, Italian, German).
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple - to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
We welcome applications from individuals who have taken an extended career break, and we are willing to consider flexible working arrangements for all of our roles.