| Position in Westchester, PA to increase workflow due to new accounting standards, increase of SOX controls and audit testing. Hiring this position will allow Senior Accountant to have more time to do analytical review on accounts and ensure our financial statement reports are accurate and timely. Ensure all deliverables comply with regulatory guidance and professional standards. The responsibilities for this position is elaborated below: |
- Full responsibility for accounting areas including, but not limited to, company's internal developed cap software process and consulting accrual, captive insurance, lease obligation, audit fee accrual, monthly, quarterly and annual search for unrecorded liabilities.
- Records monthly journal entries in compliance with US GAAP and Moody's Global Accounting Policies (MGAP).
- Ensures accounting transactions are recorded timely in accordance with the close schedule and ensure that all journal entries have proper support.
- Prepares monthly balance sheet reconciliations and identifies and resolves reconciling items. Provide clear and correct variance explanations.
- Prepares monthly domestic and consolidated balance sheet and income statement flux analysis.
- Liaises with various departments to obtain accounting transaction support.
- Analytically reviews accounting transaction support for issues.
- Performs detailed transaction analysis to calculate journal entry amounts.
- Applies accounting judgment when calculating journal entry amounts, using the chart of accounts, identifying reconciliation items, reviewing contracts, and performing account analysis; detailed review with direct manager.
- Assists in the identification, research and resolution of operational issues through regular and special analysis to ensure proper accounting.
- Reviews contracts to ensure compliance with Moody's policies and identify accounting implications; provides feedback to legal or other departments.
- Gathers supporting documentation for internal/external audits and fields related questions.
- Prepares additional account analysis for Internal Audits, External Audits, and ad-hoc requests.
- Assists with internal control SOX narratives and walkthroughs.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting.
- At least 2-3 years general ledger accounting experience.
- Must have experience preparing journal entries, account reconciliations and analyses.
- Understands SOX internal control policies and US GAAP.
- Ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Excel experience desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills, research skills and attention to details.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.