Teamwork. Integrity. Excellence. We are Aspire. Voted as one of the ‘Best and Brightest Companies to work for in the nation in 2015 and 2016, we know that Together, We’re Better!
Aspire was founded in 1960 and is recognized as a leader in providing bold, pioneering, and uncompromising services to kids and adults with developmental disabilities, their families and the community through our four enterprises: Aspire Kids, Aspire Living, Aspire Careers and Aspire CoffeeWorks.
We are one of the most innovative human service non-profits in the Midwest, with an incredibly talented and dedicated team of more than 200 that serves more than 1,000 children, adults each year, and that number is growing fast! Having a strong reputation for nationally recognized, innovative programs, Aspire was featured on the TODAY show as “a local not-for-profit doing amazing things”.
Aspire is currently searching for a dynamic and passionate individual to join our team as an AIDE (Advocating Independence through Daily Experiences). If you are determined to make a difference in the community and in people’s lives, we want to talk to you!
The AIDE supports adults with developmental disabilities to lead a self-directed life and contribute to the community. In collaboration with the Community Living Team Leaders, the AIDE team responds to the unique needs and dreams of each resident so that meaningful life experiences can be realized.
The AIDE works as support in Community Homes, and in the community, as an advocate for each individual in communicating their needs, self expression and goals. This role also assists individuals with activities of daily living, and encourages attitudes and behaviors that support community inclusion.
AIDEs will have the opportunity to:
- Work with a dynamic team of professionals to deliver person-centered services; provide functional skills support to increase independence and promote future success
- Ensure individual’s rights are observed at all times; ensures that individual’s safety and well-being are protected at all times
- Maintain an atmosphere conducive to learning, open discussion, team work, integrity and excellence
- Serve as a liaison to family members, guardians and the community
- Participate in personal growth initiatives and utilize mentoring opportunities provided by Aspire