Lifespace Communities is currently looking for an Executive Director for Harbour's Edge located in Delray Beach, Florida.
The Executive Director is responsible for the leadership and execution of the day-to-day operations for a Lifespace community. The Executive Director directs and oversees the hiring, supervision and development of a strong team of empowered leaders and team members that support and emulate the Lifespace Communities, Inc.’s Mission, Vision and Strategic Objectives. The Executive Director ensures both resident and team member engagement remain above industry standards, to provide a great place to live for residents and a great place to work for team members.
- Supports and promotes the Living Lifespace culture through committed training and daily interaction with residents and team members. Abides by the promise, the 12 commitments and all elements of the Lifespace credo card.
- Promotes an environment of successful aging through programming and Lifespace partnerships.
- Manages the strategic plan in order to maintain quality services throughout the community for residents consistent with Lifespace Communities, Inc standards, expectations and policies.
- Attracts, recruits, hires, develops and retains key leadership and management teams throughout the community.
- Leads and drives strategies and programs that maintain a working environment that supports team member’s professional growth by creating strong performance standards and review, learning and development opportunities, succession plans and programs that reward high performance.
- Develops a positive professional relationship with residents, resident family members, team members, professional organizations, community groups, and other appropriate entities as the leader of the community.
- Maintains and cultivates a positive relationship with residents through regular individual and group interaction, attending and often times leading resident meetings and functions.
- Meets routinely with Lifespace Senior Leadership to report on operational issues, trends, barriers and resolutions.
- Represents Lifespace Communities, Inc. in a professional manner consistent with the philosophy and code of conduct set forth for the organization.
- Manages and directs corrective actions as necessary to ensure budget performance for occupancy and expense targets.
- Initiates, designs and supports programs to adhere to all OSHA, workers compensation and risk avoidance in collaboration with both the Home Office Risk Manager and the local Safety Committees.
- Enforces reporting and Home Office Compliance Hotline initiatives and reports all potential hazards, litigation or unusual events to determine plan of action or preventative measures.
Sales and Marketing
- In collaboration with the local Director of Sales and Marketing, Regional Director Sales and Marketing (RDSM) and Vice President Sales and Marketing (VPSM), ensures the sales team has clear expectations, monitors and maintains accountability to support the day to day marketing activities and programs to meet budgeted monthly and annual sales goals.
- Owns and manages an annual marketing plan to determine annual sales goals, in collaboration with the local Director of Sales and Marketing, RDSM and VPSM.
- Directs and coordinates the development of the community’s advertising plan in collaboration with the local Director of Sales and Marketing, RDSM and VPSM.
- Recommends modifications to the community’s residency and miscellaneous marketing agreements, marketing policies, pricing and sales discounts, with the support of the local Director of Sales and Marketing, RDSM and VPSM.
- Manages and holds the local Director of Sales and Marketing and local Sales and Marketing Team accountable for both the annual performance goals and overall census goals for the community.
- Prepares the community’s annual operating budget, considering possible variances and managing programs and strategies to ensure budgets are met. Implements and monitors financial and operational policies.
- Routinely presents financial and operational reports as required by Lifespace Communities, Inc. Senior Management, various governmental agencies, as required.
Health Center Management
- Maintains licensure and certification of the community; ensures compliance with local, state and federal regulations; maintains personal administrator’s license (if required).
- Maintains current knowledge and ensures compliance with applicable licensing requirements, laws and regulations.
- Develops positive rapport with representatives of governmental agencies who survey and inspect the facility.
- Promotes and maintains a working relationship with various community health delivery centers to consistently promote and sell the communities health center capabilities.
- Removes barriers, responds and support Health Center Leaders to promote and support constant learning and development.
- Ensures accessibility of the Administrator to health center residents and family.
- Maintains awareness of Medicare prospective payment issues which influence the operation of the health center.
- Directs the collaboration necessary for accurate reporting on a routine basis including annual Integrity Visits, Quality of Care Dashboards and collaboration with the health services team to ensure current and future standards exceed benchmarks.
- Ensures all corporate compliance programs and HIPPA directives are implemented and monitored.
- Drives and maintains accountability to ensure Health Center census goals are met by analyzing variances, trends and delivering on those measures.