Assistant Director, Enrollment Management Technology
Job ID: 1012844
Location: Downtown Long Beach
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 3312
Job Grade: Range A
Department: STUDENT ACADEMIC SERVICES
Chancellor's Office Statement
Join our team at the California State University, Office of the Chancellor, and make a difference in providing access to higher education. We are currently seeking experienced candidates for the position of Assistant Director, Enrollment Management Technology. The CSU Chancellor's Office, located on the waterfront adjacent to the Aquarium of the Pacific in downtown Long Beach, is the headquarters for the nation's largest and most diverse system of higher education. The CSU Chancellor's Office offers a premium benefit package that includes outstanding vacation, health, and dental plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
Commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The California State University, Office of the Chancellor, is seeking an Assistant Director, Enrollment Management Technology to be responsible for enrollment management-related technology initiatives and coordinate with campus and Chancellor's Office contacts. In particular, the incumbent serves as the project manager for the CSU online application for admission including management of the vendor contract, defining business requirements and system functionality, approving high-level design specifications for the system, editing web content, beta testing, assessing quality assurance, and troubleshooting issues.
The incumbent also supports new and ongoing enrollment-related technology projects, serves as:
the CSU technical representative for the ASSIST articulation system; serves as a primary contributor to intersegmental and as a liaison for enrollment and student-services related technical topics with CSU Common Management System (CMS) staff as well as internal and external enrollment-related groups.
In addition to the online application for admission, the incumbent will work with other enrollment management, technology-related projects and initiatives including, but not limited to: student information systems, CRM products, college planning tools, "eAdvising", electronic transcripts, predictive analytics, college-readiness assessments, student recruitment, early warning systems, admissions evaluation, transfer credit articulation and evaluation, degree audit systems, as well as institutional, state, and federal educational data reporting.
The incumbent will be expected to work collaboratively with cross-divisional managers and committees including:
The Student Administration Users Group (SAUG), Admissions Advisory Committee, CSU Mentor Advisory committees:
• CMS managers and staff, campus Enrollment Managers, Directors of Admissions and Records (DAR), State
• University Registrars (SUR), Financial Aid Directors, Extended Education, Cal State Online, and campus-based institutional research directors.
Under the general direction of the Director of Enrollment Management Services the Assistant Director, Enrollment Management Technology will:
• Research, analyze, and document business requirements for Enrollment Management projects. Identify, formulate, and define new and ongoing project requirements.
• Support the technical and information systems needs for enrollment management
• Act as the primary interface between the on-line application for admission vendor and the system
• Research, analyze, and document business requirements
• Coordinate the needs among academic divisions and facilitate discussions and information flow
• Make system recommendations and participate in setting system priorities and project planning
• Participate in formulating and defining system scope and objectives
• Participate in designing systems and process solutions to meet business requirements
• Recommend enhancements to existing systems to meet business requirements
• Create high-level functional design documents
• Create system testing scripts
• Test system functionality and document testing results
• Create user manuals and train users on the usage of applications
• Troubleshoot system functional issues
• Perform application configuration and setup to enhance and maintain systems
• Coordinate the development of new applications and enhancements
• Design, develop, and produce analytical and management reports
• Interpret, document, and communicate procedures and guidelines to users
• Edit web content
• Other duties as assigned
This position requires:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent years of education and experience, and
• 5 to 7 years of progressive experience working with business information systems, preferably in higher education. Strong organization and administrative skills in maintaining, coordinating, managing or developing new projects.
• Experience with project management, systems analysis, business process review, and training.
• 3 to 5 years of experience with Oracle/PeopleSoft Campus Solutions application.
• Willingness to travel in California and occasionally to other domestic destinations to meet with constituent groups as required, knowledge about academic partnerships, curriculum development policies and baccalaureate offerings.
• Master's degree preferred.
• Strong interpersonal, managerial and communication skills are required to facilitate project management.
• Ability to perform systems and applications needs analysis, and create proposals and requests.
• Ability to apply consultative skills to assess user needs and issues and communicate technology systems and solutions.
• Strong interpersonal communication skills to effectively establish and maintain working relationships across functional groups and various levels of professionals within the organization.
• Strong public speaking and presentation skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills are required to synthesize functional and technical project requirements for a variety of audiences.
• Ability to analyze, interpret and explain legislation, policies and technical procedures.
• Skilled in working independently, exercising good judgment and implementing planning activities
• Demonstrated experience working with various constituent groups in developing applications or programs in order to work with invested parties.
• Knowledge and experience in basic computer programs such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access, Project and Outlook and online content editors to facilitate projects
Resumes will be accepted until February 10, 2017 or until job posting is removed.
How To Apply
To apply for this posting:
Step 1: Click 'Apply Now'
Step 2: Login or Register (Create Username and Password)
Step 3: Select to apply with resume
Step 4: Upload one file containing resume. If you would like to include a cover letter, please include it with the resume in one document.
Step 5: Provide contact information and verify application information.
Step 6: Click 'Submit'
Equal Employment Opportunity
The university is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate against persons on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, National origin, sex, sexual orientation, covered veteran status, or any other protected status. Reasonable accommodations will be provided for qualified applicants with disabilities who self-disclose by contacting the Senior Human Resources Manager.
This position requires new hire employment verification to be processed through the E-Verify program administered by the Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (DHSUSCIS)' in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA).
If hired, you will be required to furnish proof that you are legally authorized to work in the United States.
Mandated Reporter Per CANRA
The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Conflict of Interest
The duties of this position will include participation in decisions that may have a material financial benefit to the incumbent. Therefore, the selected candidate will be required to file Conflict of Interest Form 700: Statement of Economic Interest when they first occupy the position, and on an annual basis, complete ethics training within 6 months of appointment, and attend this training every other year thereafter.
The Chancellor's Office policy requires that the successful candidate complete a full background check (including a criminal records check) prior to assuming this position.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency