Why come to UC Merced?
• Cutting-edge sustainability and clean energy focus.
• High-performance super computing capabilities.
• Outstanding benefits with significant paid time off.
• A culture of collaboration that is mission-driven.
• An affordable and welcoming community that promotes a quality life and true balance.
• Once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to put your mark on and be a part of a budding Top Tier Research University.
The University of California, Merced (UC Merced) is the newest and tenth campus of the University of California system and the first American research university built in the 21st century. UC Merced was conceived both to serve the needs of the rapidly growing Central Valley, one of the world’s most productive agricultural regions, and to increase access to the University of California system (UC System) for California’s top students. Now, with close to 7,300 students (including more than 500 graduate students), UC Merced plans additional student growth to an enrollment of approximately 10,000 students in 2020-2021.
UC Merced is the most ethnically diverse campus in the UC System http://www.ucmerced.edu/diversity. More than sixty percent of the undergraduates are first generation college students. With undergraduate, graduate, and PhD programs; regional, statewide, and global partnerships; and local community involvement, the UC Merced campus is continually evolving, requiring talented, knowledgeable and dynamic educators, researchers, management and staff. The campus represents an important point of pride for the city of Merced (pop. 80,000), a city within driving distance of Yosemite National Park and the Sierra Nevada Mountains, as well as the state capitol in Sacramento, the San Francisco Bay Area, Napa Valley, and the Monterey coast.
The Programmer/Analyst is a seasoned, experienced software professional with a full understanding of industry best practices, community standards and relevant policies and procedures to develop applications for the Graduate Division, the Enterprise, and as part of our Ellucian - Banner Student Information System ERP and Salesforce/TargetX CRM. This position will be involved in working on admissions, fellowship, financials, and academic and administrative system. Position will work on the analysis, design, programming, testing, documenting, and releasing to production, maintenance, and support of applications. Work with a team or alone on medium to major sized applications. Programmer/Analyst will develop primarily with SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle, Java, Groovy on Grails, and work with SAAS based solutions to integrate them together with local systems. Report on project status and issues and resolves a wide range of technical issues. Demonstrates competency in selecting tools, methods and techniques to obtain results.
Excellent communication and team work skills, as well as the ability to successfully deliver on a wide variety of technical challenges and tasks.
- Designs, develops, modifies, debugs and evaluates complex programs for functional areas.
- Analyzes existing programs or works to formulate logic for new systems, devises logic procedures, prepares flowcharting, performs coding, data analysis, and tests/debugs programs through the application of professional programming concepts.
- Provides analysis for the design and use of complex relational databases.
- Develops and executes moderately complex test plans.
- Gathers, analyzes, prepares and summarizes recommendations for approval of system and programming documentation.
- Develops conversion and system implementation plans.
- Recommends and implements changes in development, maintenance and system standards.
- Trains users and provides desktop support on an as needed basis.
- Understand industry best practices and department policies and procedures relating to work assignments.