American Jewish Committee’s (AJC) mission is to enhance the well-being of the Jewish people and Israel, and to advance human rights and democratic values in the United States and around the world.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
Founded in 1906, AJC maintains its national office in New York, but its presence is felt across the United States, through its 22 regional offices. AJC’s global diplomacy and legislative advocacy leverage its unique relationships with powerful leaders who influence policy. Through our network of offices across the United States and around the world, AJC is best positioned to respond to global challenges confronting the wellbeing of the Jewish people and threatening democratic values worldwide.
- Global Diplomacy: Through high-level diplomatic meetings that leverage longstanding relationships, AJC gains the support of global decision-makers on our critical issues.
- Legislative Advocacy: Through local, regional and national advocacy, AJC promotes domestic policies and legislation that support our global agenda.
- Building Bridges: Through establishing important local and global alliances among diverse ethnic and religious groups, AJC promotes democratic values for all.
- Communications: Through our unparalleled global media presence, AJC generates awareness and credibility and provides our advocacy agenda.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY:
This is an exciting time to be joining AJC’s “small but mighty” San Francisco Region, which is experiencing a period of growth. The San Francisco Region’s leadership at the staff and Board levels is strong and poised to support the new Director of Development. S/he will be tasked with helping to expand and manage the development plan and strategies, while building individual fundraising revenue to support further regional organizational expansion. The Director of Development position is an ideal opportunity for a fundraising professional with strength in individual giving and events. Working in concert with the Regional Board of Directors, the Regional Director, and staff, the Director of Development will develop and implement strategies to build and implement a major gifts program, and will serve as a key member of the senior management team.
Specifically, the Director of Development is responsible for the following:
- Planning - develop and lead a multi-year plan to grow revenue, and especially major donor support, for AJC
- Major Gifts – create and implement AJC’s major gifts effort, with an emphasis on increasing the number and amount of gifts in the five-figure range
- Leadership - function as a leader, thought partner, and a highly collaborative member of the regional team and hold organizational responsibility for the success of fundraising program, including major gifts and events
- Volunteer Development - work in close partnership with the Regional Director to transition and engage the advisory board in supporting and championing AJC’s fund development/major donor program
- Accountability - assume clear responsibility for meeting or exceeding budgeted revenue goals for American Jewish Committee