NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Program Supervisor.
With a mission to be the world leader in clinical care, research, education and outreach services for Parkinsons and Movement Disorders, the Fresco Institute for Parkinsons and Movement Disorders at NYU Langone Medical Center is seeking an experienced program coordinator to assist with program development and implementation. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing program coordination working with a dynamic clinical, research, administration and program team. The candidate will work with internal and external parties to organize the various components needed to initiate, run and complete major programs. The candidate will facilitate the administration process of Institute activities (e.g., facilitates the administrative process of recruiting and on-boarding process, maintaining records, compiling and monitoring the master schedule for meetings; grant application preparation and submission; timeline management), monitor and develop budget, and organize and coordinate seminars, training programs and other related activities both in New York and with partners in Italy.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Core Values and incorporates them into the performance of duties.
- Works in close collaboration with the Fresco Executive Director, Fresco Project Manager, Division Administrator, Sponsors and key program personnel.
- This position will report to the Fresco Institute Executive Director.
- Will provide administrative and task supervision for Fresco Program Coordinator, including recruiting, training and evaluation.
- Provides coordination for Fresco Program activities that includes but not limited to: coordination of Program while working/communicating with internal and external parties to organize and coordinate the various components needed to initiate, run and conclude Program activities.
- Develops and tracks program schedules and activities, including financial activities.
- Maintains close contact for coordination with all internal and external partners in the United States in Italy.
- Prepares, tracks, monitors coordination of internal and external partners research activities.
- Independently prepares and review documents, and generates status/progress reports for ongoing and pending programs which may include moderate analysis of findings.
- Outlines agenda, plans and prepares presentations, and composes a variety of memos and letters. Reviews, edits, obtain appropriate approvals. Follows protocols as defined by the grant and Medical Centers policies and procedures.
- Participate in grants related activities such as developing grants applications/proposals, assists with production of budget reports and financial updates for internal review and analysis.
- Works with financial and administration personnel in developing multi-year projections, timelines and long-range financial plans for grants and other research accounts.
- Monitor all program budgets and troubleshoots problems identified from reports.
- Assists in the recruitment, hiring and training of clerical staff, assistants, students, trainee and volunteers for the program.
- Reviews workflow and might recommend improvement if applicable to ensure appropriate cycle times and efficiency.
- Organizes and coordinates schedules, activities, symposium and special events.
- Coordinates conference preparation activities and other related activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Health care professional with masters or higher degree in public health, business administration, health care administration, medicine, science, or related field.
- At least 5 years of program coordination experience, preferably in a research and academic medical setting.
- Demonstrated strong leadership skills and ability to bring people together for common purpose.
- Experience in the development and implementation of plans for program development and expansion.
- Ability to balance competing demands and to set priorities.
- Ability to multi task while paying attention to details.
- Proficiency in using various Microsoft Office applications such as Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Familiar with Internet applications as well as program manager project management software.
- Ability to interface effectively with all levels of management and must work and communicate effectively with both internal and external partners.
- Ability to travel domestically or internationally on a regular basis.
- Program management experience preferred.
- An understanding of Parkinsons disease and other movement disorders preferred (or willingness to learn).
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.