NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Utility Attendant/Potwasher.
In this role, the successful candidate will be responsible for performing simple repetitive tasks under close supervision of the sanitation supervisor in the routine sanitation operation of the dishroom, kitchen and service areas.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Attends meetings and in-services for utility/tray assembly employees. Assures management of attendance at meetings and in-services by signing attendance sheets. Demonstrates an awareness and understanding of materials and instructions given. Participates actively in group discussions.
- Always pays attention to corners, under equipment, and refrigerator vents. Assures pots, pans, fryers, skillets, broilers and griddles are properly clean and returned to proper working condition or location.
- Assures special cleaning in production areas are complete. Always use clean mops, rails, and designated cleaning materials and follows cleaning procedure. Maintains clean, organized refrigerator, freezer, and food bank.
- Completes special cleaning duties as assigned by area supervisor. Disposes of trash properly and removes from food service area; cleans and sanitizes garbage receptacles thoroughly. Sweeps and mops floors at the end of shift and throughout service hours. Leaves work area clean and sanitary at end of each shift. Returns cleaning equipment and chemicals to storage closet.
- Collects and strips trays from tray conveyor, patient trucks, or busing carts. Cleans, sorts, racks, and stores trays, dishes, glassware, hot water/coffee, and flatware according to established departmental procedures. Washes, rinses, and sanitizes pots, pans, utensils, and other equipment according to departmental procedures.
- Maintains a neat and sanitary work area throughout the scheduled working period. Sets up assigned workstation (e.g. dishroom, pot washing area, and kitchen), collects supplies and equipment needed to complete duties, and operates sanitation equipment correctly.
High school diploma or equivalent. To qualify you must be able to communicate, read, and write English well. Must be able to understand and carryout simple oral and written instructions.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.