| The Faculty of Arts and Sciences Registrar's Office (FAS RO) supports the students, faculty, staff, and alumni of Harvard College, the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and the John A. Paulson School of Engineering and Applied Sciences. The Business Systems Analyst reports to the Associate Registrar for Enrollment Services. This position will work closely with FAS & University constituents (students, faculty, staff, alumni, & leadership) to apply technological and other solutions to simplify procedures, and improve service to meet the needs of our constituents.|
Responsibilities of the Business Systems Analyst include:
- Use deep knowledge of Registrar business processes, technology, analytical and organizational skills, problem solving skills, and outreach with constituents to develop better tools, systems, and administrative processes.
- Performs user needs analysis, identify gaps, evaluate new functionality within the SIS (Campus Solutions), through implementation and support;
- Develop PeopleSoft Dashboards and Workcenters in order to provide users with self-service access to data, information, and analysis;
- Provide data and reporting analysis for deans, directors, and others in FAS. Develop expertise with PeopleSoft data tools such as Data Warehouse, PL/SQL, OBIEE, and Query Manager. Become an expert in student, course, and enrollment data in order to support critical\\complex student progress and enrollment functions;
- Lead various enrollment services such as requirement and degree auditing, commencement and honors certification, cross-registration, tuition and fees processing, and other Registrar functions as needed;
- Project manage one or more new business process or technological initiatives. Liaise with stakeholders in HUIT, Registrar's Office, and others in FAS and University to ensure successful adoption and implementation of new initiatives. Work with the technical team to make sure that requirements are well understood as part of the software development lifecycle;
- Perform user acceptance testing for student information systems and other processes. Works independently to document, configure and test enhancements and fixes. Identifies and documents comprehensive test cases;
- Assist with user training, documentation, and business process workflow design.
When applying for this position please submit your resume and cover letter in our preferred format as one combined document (resume followed by cover letter).
All formal written offers will be made by FAS HR.
Please note that we are unable to provide visa sponsorship.
Salary Grade: 057
Union: 00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary