| This position serves as 4-H Camp Owahta Program Coordinator responsible to Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Cortland County. The primary responsibilities of this position are to assist in weekly program design, implement afternoon and evening programs, assist in daily operations, and supervise 4-H campers and counseling staff. In addition, this position accepts and performs other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate by the 4-H Camp Owahta Director. (This position does include cabin responsibilities.)|
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING
All applicants must complete an application packet, which includes: cover letter, resume and three (3) references.
All External Applicants (including applicants currently employed by Cornell Cooperative Extension in Associations other than the Association advertising this career opportunity) must submit his/her application materials via the "APPLY" button located within this job posting.
All Internal Applicants (current employees working for the Association advertising this career opportunity) must apply online via his/her Workday account, which may be accessed here: http://workday.cornell.edu/.
Please contact Barb Henza, Association HR Representative at 607-391-2660 with questions.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Must have current First Aid and CPR Certifications (will train if necessary).
- Valid NYS Driver's License and the ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position, including valid NYS driver's license.
- Must be willing and able to stay at 4-H Camp Owahta (including overnights) the entire time Camp is in session.
- Experience relevant to the role of the position and area asked to coordinate.
- Ability to meet acceptable background check standards (DMV and criminal background checks).
- Experience in leadership roles or currently working in the educational field.
- Previous camp staff experience.
- Desire and demonstrated ability to work with children and young adults.
- Demonstrated ability to relate to one's peer group.
- Demonstrated ability to accept guidance and supervision.
- Demonstrated ability to teach skills to other staff members and campers of all ages.
- Specialized training in activity areas.
- Good character, integrity and adaptability.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience and self-control.
- Keep in direct communication with the Camp Director regarding camper and staff activities.
- Assist Camp Director in providing implementation and support for camper activities and classes, including special programs (afternoon and/or evening).
- Assist Camp Director and Assistant Director in providing guidance and support to staff, relating to special camper needs, conflict mediation (campers and/or staff), and special concerns (campers and/or staff).
- Assist in the design of developmentally appropriate leadership training programs for training of counseling staff.
- Assist Camp Director in the planning and development of camper activities and classes.
- Assist with inventory in appropriate program areas.
- Oversee inventory and curriculum of program areas.
- Recommend 4-H campers for continued participation in leadership training programs and future staff positions.
- Evaluate in coordination with Assistant Director.
- Attend camp orientation program.
- Participate in staff meetings and training events as scheduled.
- Supervise program area staff in designated program discipline.
Health and Safety - Applied to all duties and functions.
- Support the Association to maintain a safe working environment.
- Be familiar with and strive to follow any applicable federal, state, local regulations, Association health and safety policy/procedure/requirement and standard.
- Act proactively to prevent accidents/injuries and communicate hazards to supervisors when identified.
EEO/EPO and Policy - Applied to all duties and functions.
- Appreciate and embrace diversity in all interactions with clientele, staff, volunteers and the public.
- Assist the Cornell Cooperative Extension system in reaching out to diverse audiences.
- Aware of, and adheres to, established Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Cortland County policies, procedures and Cornell Cooperative Extension Skills for Success.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Job Title:Association Tmp Camp Program Director
Level:No Grade - Annual
Pay Rate Type:Salary
Contact Name:Jerilynn Sharrott
Number of Openings:1
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among Cornell University, the United States Department of Agriculture, the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per NYS Law, county and regional extension service associations are subordinate government agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed and not with Cornell University.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are support of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.