| This position serves as 4-H Camp Owahta Kitchen Assistant responsible to Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Cortland County. The primary responsibilities of this position are to assist in any area of kitchen or dining room as scheduled by the 4-H Camp Kitchen Manager. In addition, this position accepts and performs other duties as assigned and deemed appropriate by the 4-H Camp Owahta Kitchen Manager and/or 4-H Camp Owahta Director. (This position does not include cabin responsibilities.)|
IMPORTANT INFORMATION FOR APPLICANTS:
PLEASE READ BEFORE APPLYING
All applicants must complete an application packet, which includes: cover letter, resume and three (3) references.
All External Applicants (including applicants currently employed by Cornell Cooperative Extension in Associations other than the Association advertising this career opportunity) must submit his/her application materials via the "APPLY" button located within this job posting.
All Internal Applicants (current employees working for the Association advertising this career opportunity) must apply online via his/her Workday account, which may be accessed here: http://workday.cornell.edu/.
Please contact Barb Henza, Association HR Rep at 607-391-2660 with questions.
- Must be at least 16 years of age.
- Must have current CPR and First Aid certifications (will train if necessary).
- Must be willing and able to stay at 4-H Camp Owahta (including overnights) the entire time Camp is in session.
- Ability to meet acceptable background check standards (DMV and criminal background checks).
- Must meet travel requirements associated with this position.
- Demonstrated ability to do tasks as assigned.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others.
- Demonstrated ability to accept guidance and supervision.
- Good character, integrity and adaptability.
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control.
- Training and/or experience in Food Service.
- Work with Kitchen Manager to set up kitchen and dining room.
- Assist in preparing and serving nutritious meals and snacks for up to 130 campers and staff, according to USDA standards.
- Assist in keeping all areas of the Dining Hall safe, clean, sanitary, and in compliance with New York State Department of Health regulations.
- Be responsible for personal cleanliness and appearance.
- Assist in all kitchen duties including: unloading and storing necessary supplies, washing dishes, glasses and silverware by machine, sweeping and mopping kitchen and dining room, properly disposing of trash and recyclable items, and any additional tasks deemed necessary by the Kitchen Manager.
- Assist Kitchen Manager in the planning and development of camper activities and classes as appropriate.
- Assist in tracking meals served daily.
- Assist in conducting initial and end of season inventory, storing and keeping materials and equipment in good condition.
- Conduct daily check to be sure all equipment is safe, clean and in good repair.
- Assist in the evaluation of the current camping season, and make suggestions for the next camping season.
- Attend camp orientation program.
- Participate in staff meetings and training events as scheduled.
- Assist in the daily upkeep of facilities.
Health and Safety - Applied to all duties and functions.
- Support the Association to maintain a safe working environment.
- Be familiar with and strive to follow any applicable federal, state, local regulations, Association health and safety policy/procedure/requirement and standard.
- Act proactively to prevent accidents/injuries and communicate hazards to supervisors when identified.
EEO/EPO and Policy - Applied to all duties and functions.
- Appreciate and embrace diversity in all interactions with clientele, staff, volunteers and the public.
- Assist the Cornell Cooperative Extension system in reaching out to diverse audiences.
- Aware of, and adheres to, established Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Cortland County policies, procedures and Cornell Cooperative Extension Skills for Success.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
Equal Opportunity Employment
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Job Title:Association Tmp Camp Ktchn Wkr
Level:No Grade - Annual
Pay Rate Type:Salary
Contact Name:Jerilynn Sharrott
Number of Openings:2
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among Cornell University, the United States Department of Agriculture, the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per NYS Law, county and regional extension service associations are subordinate government agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed and not with Cornell University.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are support of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.