| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
MSK is seeking a Data Assistant to join our amazing team. In this role, you will Assists the Department of Nursing Quality in the organization, administration, and implementation of the Nursing Quality Program.
You Will Also:
- Develops Access data bases and Excel spreadsheet to support the Nursing Quality Assessment-and Performance Improvement program in data collection and data analysis
- Produces reports and designs and develops excel spreadsheets used to quantity Performance Improvement Data
- Enters data into internal and external database, Coordinates administrative tasks and office activities
- Develops and maintains a process for collecting and tracking unit based reports and Quality Management data
- Designs and develops presentations (e.g. MS Power Point) in collaboration with the Nurse Leader
- Tabulates data and enters into data base / spreadsheet
- Collaborates with appropriate interdepartmental (Hospital Quality Assessment, Patient Safety, Clinical Information, Regulatory Affairs, and others as needed) personnel to obtain information, quality monitoring related data sets, sample selection and data collection and analysis
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Adept at building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances
- Have exceptional attention to detail
- High School diploma/GED. Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2-4 years experience in an academic medical center or healthcare related profession
- Familiarity with Crystal Reports
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.