The manager provides leadership and serves as a consultant on human resources areas across ~60 academic departments, centers and institutes reporting to the Office of the Dean of the Faculty. The incumbent partners with faculty and managers to develop and maintain organizational structures and staffing plans for ~400 positions. The Manager oversees staff recruitment and compensation decisions, and ensures the effective allocation of related human and financial resources with an annual salary budget of ~$17M. The incumbent serves as a critical link between academic units and the Office of the Dean of the Faculty; Academic Finance and Administration; University Human Resources; and other central offices. This position serves as a â??managerâ?? of academic department and center managers. The incumbent administers policies and procedures in accordance with federal and University regulations and guidelines. This position has a dotted reporting line to the Dean of the Faculty and central Human Resources.
- Required: Bachelorâ??s degree
Experience and Job Competencies
- 5 to 7 years of progressive human resources experience required.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written; tactful, direct and demonstrated ability able to present data and communicate effectively with diverse campus groups.
- Leadership skills with the ability to effectively influence policies and programs
- Prior experience in consulting with internal clients on some combination of recruitment, compensation, and organizational development
- Knowledge of federal and state employment laws and regulations (e.g., FLSA, FMLA, ADA).
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong commitment to supporting the Universityâ??s goals of cultivating a diverse and inclusive environment
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines; flexible in dealing with changes in approach and/or deliverables.
- Strong systems skills including Microsoft Office suite, database and resource planning systems.
- Demonstrated aptitude for team building, change management and process development skills.
- Prior experience in the higher education setting is helpful but not required.
- The ideal candidate will provide exceptional service and cultivate strong relationships across more than 60 diverse campus units and have strong conceptual and analytical skills.
Background check - Criminal/Educational
Recruiting Start Date:2017-02-10-08:00
Job Posting Title:Manager, Academic Human Resources
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.