Job Description: The Executive Assistant provides high level coordination of administrative and organizational services within the Office of the Dean of the Faculty (DOF). The position serves as a critical point of contact for the office and proactively coordinates incoming communications. S/he coordinates various administrative functions, monitors critical phases of important projects and is relied upon to research, analyze and communicate effectively in support of the work of the deans and other senior staff within the office. The EA provides critical faculty support to the DOF managers and deans and prepares and monitors the documentation required for faculty appointments and other related actions, tracking timelines and information and coordinating the workflow required for review and approval. The EA regularly deals with complex planning of highly sensitive and confidential matters. The EA represents the DOF office and serves as an ambassador of the office.
- Bachelorâ??s degree and 3 to 5 years of related experience or equivalent combination of skills and experience. Work experience in a university setting preferred.
- Strong organizational, administrative and time management skills. Initiative and judgment to independently problem solve and prioritize. The ability to independently develop and implement short and long term goals. Ability to work independently, but also as a strong team member when the situation warrants.
- Confident and highly professional public relations and interpersonal skills. Effective oral and written communication skills and good command of English language and grammar.
- Ability to research, analyze and summarize information.
- Computer expertise and continued interest in maintaining skills: Computer proficiency in word processing, including knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and familiarity with the World Wide Web.
Background Check: Criminal
Recruiting Start Date:2017-02-01-08:00
Job Posting Title:Executive Assistant
Time Type:Full time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:37.5
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any staff position at Brown University you must submit an application form for each position for which you believe you are qualified. Applications are not kept on file for future positions. Please include a cover letter and resume with each position application.
Still Have Questions?
If you have any questions you may contact email@example.com.
Brown University is an E-Verify Employer.
Brown University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive academic global community; as an EEO/AA employer, Brown considers applicants for employment without regard to, and does not discriminate on the basis of, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, race, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.