NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Security Architect.
This position reports to the Chief Information Security Officer and is responsible for providing overall direction, life cycle management and leadership for all Information Security solution, architecture and technology. The individual performs the lead role in the identification, analysis, evaluation, life-cycle management and adoption of security technologies. The Security Architect is a key consultant regarding security features of technologies in the corporate environment, working closely with other security functions to ensure that there is coordination with their activities in technology choices. The Enterprise Security Architect will work closely with the overall architecture group whose role is focused on improving decision-making through collaboration with management, staff and customers on technology strategy, enterprise architecture, and investments in strategic technology.
- Develop and deliver upon long-term strategic goals for security architecture and standards in conjunction with business partners and other key stakeholders.
- Helps formulate and articulate the multi-year security strategy and roadmaps and works with various IT leaders across Clinical, Education, Research and Corporate Services.
- Development and implementation of data security architecture framework (roadmaps, product life-cycle, reference architecture)
- Ensures execution of multi-year strategies and alignment of projects, tasks and framework to strategic roadmap
- Manage the life cycle of all security technologies
- Works closely with the other technology architects to ensure that security is properly provisioned in their technology domains
- Evaluates and assess risk as part of the life-cycle analysis
- Creation and maintenance of enterprise security standards applicable to all technologies in the portfolio
- Provides leadership to extend the organization's ability to optimize use of emerging technologies
- Stays current with security technologies and make recommendations for use based on business value
- Architects, prioritizes, coordinates and communicates the choice of security technologies necessary to ensure a highly secure yet usable computing environment
- Participates in management of customer satisfaction, best practices and benchmarking
- Engages in the intake process for origination of projects to ensure alignment with strategic roadmap
- Collaborate with other members of the technical architecture community to ensure successful implementation of security strategies and architectures to enterprise applications
- Assist project teams to select products or services that best meet NYULMC goals
- Contribute to portfolio prioritization and planning
- Operationalize and drive compliance of best practice and standards within Medical Center Information Technology department
- Act as key strategic advisor to MCIT Leadership Team, IT Architecture council, and other key stakeholders regarding Information strategy and trends, security best practices
- Drive 'major' incidents as the technology leader and lead problem solutions for long term fixes
- Determines security requirements by evaluating business strategies and requirements; researching information security standards; conducting system security and vulnerability analyses and risk assessments; studying architecture/platform; identifying integration issues; preparing cost estimates.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging security practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university; Master's degree from an accredited college/university preferred
- CISSP - Certified Information Systems Security Professional (ISC2)
- CISA - Certified Information System Auditor
- Other certifications preferred - CISM, ISO 27001 Auditor, LSS Green Belt, CRISC, CIPP, CGEIT or ITIL
- 10 years of progressive experience in IT Security.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.