NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Controls Mechanic.
This position is responsible for performing the duties peculiar to and normally required in the trade of H.V.A.C. controls mechanic.
- Repairs, tests, replaces and install H.V.A.C. equipment, using necessary hand tools and testing instruments. Vast Knowledge on installing, repairing, adjusting, balancing, servicing and maintaining pneumatic controls systems for heating, ventilation; including calibration of related instruments, gauges and controls. Installs, operates, service and air conventional mechanical air conditioning equipment including exhaust systems and all primary chilled water systems. As required, estimate materials needed and record and materials expended on each work order. Conducts necessary test of equipment to determine malfunctions or causes of breakdown, remove and replace faulty parts subassemblies and major components and make required adjustment and corrections. Provides guidance and directions regarding trade techniques when working with an assigned helper. Understand mechanical symbols and must be able to interpret mechanical drawings. Examines and tests H.V.A.C. systems to locate obvious problems.
- Maintains systems operating at peak efficiency by interfacing with management clients, other shops, other foreman, contractors and outside vendors. Acquires and maintains overall knowledge of facility operations and reports status to management. Ensures equipment is operating according to given schedule. Have a good knowledge on NYUs Medical Centers emergency procedure coordinates information with other shops, clients, and management during emergencies such as floods, fire alarms. This includes interaction with outside municipal agencies (i.e. Fire Department, etc.) as necessary. Interacts with peers, management, and clients, outside personnel is performed in an interpersonally smooth and courteous manner.
- Utilizes equipment in a safe and proper manner, in accordance with departmental and NYU Medical Centers procedures. Assists with repairs when appropriate and notifies the appropriate person, including management, when equipment is damaged or in need of repair. Makes rounds of Medical Center to ensure that appropriate corrective and preventive maintenance measures are being taken care of and to continue uninterrupted, efficient service. Institutes corrective action when as necessary. Maintains clean and safe environment, obtaining the assistance and support of management when necessary.
- Records materials needed for daily operations and planned activities. Understanding knowledge of daily tasks and scheduled projects. Recommends ordering of necessary parts and supplies for maintenance of equipment. Estimates materials needed and record time and materials needed on each work order and PMR. Performs work directed by foreman and/or manager with competency. Understands mechanical symbols and be able to interpret mechanical drawings.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Must have a Minimum of five years experience in the field. Trade or vocational skills are required; school graduate shall reduce the requirement to four years.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.