- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Product Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 17012929
eCommerce in Asia is growing at 38% due to high internet and mobile adoption, increase in disposable income given growth of the middle class, exponential growth of digital companies and introduction of new technology and infrastructure.
Successfully capturing eCommerce flows is TTS Asia's most significant multi-year revenue growth opportunity. However, success will require bringing additional structure to our approach and adapting our capabilities and operating model end-to-end given the specific requirements of these flows versus our traditional B2B batch infrastructure business.
The role of e-commerce market management lead for Asia Pacific has two critical areas of focus:
- Supporting countries in structured ecommerce deal replication across markets and across clients. This will require a deep understanding of our existing value proposition (technical and product capabilities as well as our advisory strengths to help our local and global clients successfully expand their footprint in Asia), understanding of ecommerce clients' needs, and identification of where and how we can replicate successes. In addition the role will help sales and country teams to optimally commercialize our newly developed capabilities (eg APIs, faster payments and collections, real time data, etc).
- Working across products and across functions to ensure we are appropriately adapting our operating model in 2017, including sales focus on target market clients and building appropriate client content, adaption of AML risk policy, strategic product builds to address unmet eCommerce client needs, ensuring structured ecommerce deal implementation and new capability organizational readiness, operations and service focus to support unique needs of these new flows, technology architecture adaptation to more real-time, client onboarding acceleration, innovation efforts to support client pain points, and appropriately partnering with our Consumer business given important strategic intersections with their digital strategy and focus. This will require establishing appropriate governance across these workstreams and working with workstream owners to deepen our execution plan in certain areas.
- Therefore this role is a very horizontal role, requiring strong and structured collaboration with TTS Sales, Banking, TTS heads and their country teams, CCB, key stakeholders in Consumer, AML, Operations, Technology and the Cash and Trade product teams, including core cash seniors + Dublin and Singapore Innovation Lab, and the global virtual TTS ecommerce team (including global TTS products and global TTS Sales).
- The ultimate objective of this role is to accelerate our winning and successful onboarding of incremental TTS Asia revenues (fees and NRFF) from e-commerce flows in 2017 and beyond.
The significant eCommerce opportunity for TTS in Asia is driven by material growth in disposable income of the middle class across many large markets (eg China, India, Indonesia), high internet usage, low penetration of credit cards and a move to faster payments infrastructure in many markets. Access to instant bank transfers opens up significant opportunity for our ecommerce clients to reach consumers in Asia.
These factors are helping eCommerce in Asia to grow at 38% CAGR. While Citi is winning key eCommerce flows today with our existing proposition, we need to transform our business end-to-end to successfully meet the needs of these fast growing and dynamic flows, and continue to bring more structure end-to-end in how we support these flows, which have different characteristics and requirements than our traditional B2B corporate flows.
For 2017, this means continuing to successfully support our existing ecommerce clients while investing in new capabilities and adapting our model.
- Product: Significant global and regional development agenda to address eCommerce client needs (real time payments and collections, APIs, self service, big data) to help win new business in 2018+
- Sales: Alignment on target names with partners (Corp and FI), resources on top prospects + development of content specific for needs of ecommerce clients.
- Risk: Policy changes required to apply appropriate risk-based approach effectively
- Client Operations & Architecture: model to facilitate and support key prospect names, operational model for B2C flows, adapt infrastructure from batch to real-time (ledgers, data, connectivity)
- Innovation: increasing business impact of our innovation efforts to proactively meet the needs of these dynamic and digital flows
- GCG engagement: Increase collaboration on digital to creatively and effectively enable growth of ecommerce flows and inform our product development agenda
- Resources & governance: Incremental resources are required to deliver fully on opportunity, with governance for visibility on work streams.
- Map all ecommerce flows supported by Citi TTS today along with client value proposition to support deal replication to drive TTS revenue growth, including supporting 5% growth in fees
- Capture operating model learnings from existing ecommerce business to help inform our roadmap to effectively adapt our overall model
- Work with countries and TTS Sales to prioritize deal replication opportunities and help deepen action plans to win this business, including client value proposition, strengths versus competitors, client strategy, SME engagement.
- Support countries in progressing discussions with their ecommerce target clients and help identify any incremental targets
- Help articulate overall ecommerce value proposition across the region given many ecommerce targets operate in a range of markets.
- Work with Sales to build content to help our local and global clients expand their footprint in Asia, including advisory, market insights, and regulatory advocacy and support where appropriate
- Launch and manage the Asia TTS e-commerce governance process to ensure we progress all key workstreams across product, sales, operations, tech, service, implementations and risk and continue to drive increase in voice of client for this segment
- Support the TTS & GCG Asia digital forum to appropriately leverage GCG's expertise, focus and initiatives to help us win TTS business and effectively support GCG's growth objectives
- Communicate strategic roadmap and value proposition clearly with clients, our sales teams and our partners. Participate and contribute in thought leadership activities including industry events, publications and panels.
- Clearly help define ecommerce flow needs within the organization to continue to help define our product and operating model roadmap
- Identify and deliver business development activities in ecommerce space to drive revenue growth as well as identify potential partnership opportunities to augment our ecommerce capabilities
- Engage in ecommerce ecoystems to build critical external relationships and drive thought leadership
- Senior role in an extremely dynamic, strategic, innovative and business-critical space for growth
- Gain experience driving transformation across all aspects of our business model to support ecommerce flows
- Role with a very horizontal purview with the opportunity to partner and work with a wide range of critical stakeholders and build a strong network
- Very future-oriented and strategic role with significant implications for TTS business growth in the longer term, with notable near term opportunities
- Deepen communications skills and develop deep understanding of ecommerce clients' needs
- At least 10-15 years of experience in technology, institutional or consumer banking, innovation, ecommerce, and/or Fintech
- Sound understanding of the products, solutions, value propositions required by ecommerce clients
- Experience working in product development or market management, business development or in a client relationship/solution sales role, with a good understanding of the technology and operations capabilities underpinning our client solutions
- Demonstrated ability to drive revenue growth by identifying most commercial opportunities with a strong and clear articulation of client value proposition
- Successful track record as a leader of multi-faceted change, including bringing an aligned end-to-end transformation across an organization
- Ability to deeply understand most important unmet needs to prioritize for our future product roadmap for ecommerce clients
- Demonstrated ability to synthesize insights and prioritize and influence actions in a highly-matrixed, corporate environment
- Deep analytical skills to integrate feedback and client validations to create viable business and commercial models
- Strong relationship development skills and ability to build personal credibility to influence key stakeholders across the organization
- Innovative mindset to be open to new ideas, new ways of doing things, including being curious, flexible, courageous, and a connector with strong commercial experience
- Problem solving and alignment-building skills to drive disciplined execution
- Strong change management skillset
- Great analytical skills to prioritize opportunities, quickly distill complexity to most critical components, draw conclusions and communicate data-driven findings
- Strong communications skills given the range of cross-functional engagement required for success
- The successful candidate will be highly motivated, innovative, collaborative and display strong leadership, interpersonal and communications skills and possess strong commercial competencies
- Bachelor's degree, with preference for Masters qualifications (i.e. MBA).
- Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered if they have complementary skills and experience
- Strong knowledge of product management disciplines
- Experience and knowledge across all components of TTS solutions preferred (e.g. operations, client delivery, technology, client facing, and/or business management experience)