Function: To actively participate in the leadership of CAASE, coordinating and implementing policy and advocacy efforts and work in collaboration with public, private and governmental agencies. CAASE seeks to transform social, legal, and policy responses to sexual exploitation, particularly rape and prostitution/sex trafficking.
- Plan, develop, and implement policy and advocacy campaigns and initiatives
- Collaborate with Executive, Legal, and Operations Directors to determine strategic priorities for organization and within Policy Department
- Maintain relationships with partner organizations working on policy campaigns
- Manage relationships with program funders, participate in fundraising efforts, including assisting in preparing grant applications, and ensure timely reporting requirements are met for all policy program grants
- In collaboration with staff, develop organization and program budgets
- Develop, plan, and implement campaign activities such as conferences, lobbying, special events, research activities, advocacy alerts
- Develop and maintain relationships with elected officials, policy makers, community groups, and campaign partners
- Collaborate with campaign partners, steering committee members to meet specific campaign goals
- Schedule, plan and lead campaign committee, grant partner, work group, and steering committee meetings
- Draft grant proposals, develop individual and foundation giving to CAASE, write grant reports and oversee budgets for projects
- Provide presentations to community groups about CAASE programs and policy initiatives
- Represent CAASE at local, state, and national convenings, meetings, and events
- Communicate with media re: CAASE policy issues
- Maintain documentation for department funders and lobbying activities.
- Supervise Communications Manager, ensuring high quality strategic external communication to inform and engage the community about CAASE mission and work
- Supervise Policy Associate, including by providing strategic support for collaborative policy work with survivors, advocacy partners, elected officials, and other community stakeholders
- Oversee End Demand Illinois implementation project including justice system education awareness and training program. This includes managing grant-funded training consultant contract.
- Other duties as needed
Status: Full Time. Exempt.
Reports to: Executive Director.