INTO University Partnerships collaborates with leading universities to provide international students with a personalized and highly supportive learning environment in which to acclimatize to life on a US university campus and prepare for long-term academic success. Since 2006, INTO has launched partnerships to internationalize 23 universities in the US, UK and Asia, including Oregon State University, University of South Florida, Colorado State University, Marshall University, Drew University, George Mason University, Saint Louis University, the University of Alabama at Birmingham and Washington State University.
Through innovative partnerships with leading universities we expand opportunities for higher education, ensuring success and transforming the lives of our students and staff.
This position will report directly to the Chief Operating Officer, INTO North America.
INTO University Partnerships North America seeks an energetic and innovative Senior Director for Program Development to work directly with new University partners to develop and support academic programs for international students. The incumbent will also work with university-based Academic Directors at existing partnerships to support further development of academic services and programs within the INTO NA network. Duties will include, but are not limited to,
- The collaborative development of new programs;
- Evaluation and refinement of existing programs;
- Articulation and alignment of English language program curricula, English proficiency testing equivalencies and scales, entry and progression requirements; and structural development of academic support services;
- Collection and analysis of academic performance data for continuous improvement; and
- Ensuring proper resourcing for intensive English programs and academic support services for Pathway programs.
- Development of cost-effective curricular and instructional models that maximize student success.
Key accountabilities and duties
- Work with the INTO North America management team and our joint venture partner universities to develop academically rigorous and financially viable Pathway and intensive English programs across North America
- Ensure delivery of high quality academic programming and support services that provide students with a strong foundation for success;
- Provide continuous data-driven improvements to academic program development, delivery, and performance measures of existing partnerships;
- Collaborate with INTO North America and INTO partner universities in recruiting, developing and retaining quality teaching and academic management staff for the joint ventures;
- Develop and maintain constructive communications channels and working relationships among key contacts within INTO University Partnerships and within our partner universities.
- Support partner universities in maintaining academic integrity and compliance with external accrediting organizations.
- Keep the EVP for Partnership Development and COO informed of any emerging issues of an academic nature (faculty development initiatives, sharing of best practices, development of new or expanded shared support services, new collaborations on study abroad, etc.)
- Other assigned duties related to academic affairs in the joint ventures, as needed.
This position is located in INTO North America’s headquarters office in San Diego, California.
Frequent travel across the US and occasional international travel is necessary. Flexibility is required to meet the demands of the position, including work outside normal operating hours.
Competitive salary, comprehensive benefit package including: Medical, Dental, Life/Disability and 401(k) with generous company match.
- Minimum five years of teaching experience in a university setting;
- Two years of experience working overseas, preferably in an academic capacity.
- Minimum three years of experience managing faculty and/or academic administrators;
- Master’s in Curriculum/Instructional Design, Higher Education Administration, TESOL/Second Language Acquisition, International Education, or related field is required. PhD or EdD in these disciplines preferred.
- Must be familiar with management tools including databases, Microsoft Office programs and various media to support interactive and communicative methods of classroom instruction;
- Experience working with international students in an administrative or academic capacity;
- Experience working within a complex organizational structure preferred, either in a university setting or as part of a private organization serving the higher education sector.
- Sophisticated understanding of the goals and objectives of comprehensive internationalization in the US higher education sector.
Skills and Abilities
- A truly international outlook, with a demonstrated ability to work in a culturally diverse environment requiring cross-cultural awareness and understanding;
- An unshakeable commitment to fostering international student access, integration, and academic success;
- High energy level and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
- A creative thinker capable of inspiring and implementing innovative approaches to academic delivery, student service and program growth;
- Ability to appreciate and leverage the twin imperatives of delivering high quality academic programs in a university context while working for a “for profit” organization;
- Ability to quickly build effective relationships with key stakeholders and lead teams across the INTO network of partner universities;
- Ability to deploy and manage resources effectively;
- Ability to delegate management tasks and empower others;
- Ability to use sound judgment and decision-making skills often under pressure;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to extract and interpret data to make informed decisions
- Willingness to travel. Most travel will be domestic travel, but occasional international trips will be required.
- Sense of humor
- Excellent team-building skills
- Passionate about mission, purpose and results
How to apply
To be considered for this position, please click ‘apply’ at the top of this page to submit your cover letter and resume.
Open until filled.
INTO University Partnerships provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. INTO University Partnerships complies with applicable
state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.