Drexel University College of Medicine, a national leader in innovative education, patient care and research, invites applications for the position of Chairperson of the Department of Medicine. Reporting to the Dean of the College of Medicine, the Chair is responsible for leading the academic, clinical, and research programs of the department.
Drexel University College of Medicine represents the legacies of two historic medical schools: Hahnemann Medical College and Woman’s Medical College of Pennsylvania. Embracing our core missions of patient care, education and research, the College of Medicine incorporates Drexel University’s expertise in engineering and technology into patient-centered medical training. We are currently educating nearly 2,000 future physicians, biomedical scientists and health professionals. Drexel University Physicians delivers exceptional, patient-focused health care through our network of more than 275 teaching physicians from the College of Medicine. The Department of Medicine is the largest of the College’s clinical departments with over one hundred faculty members and comprising nine divisions. Department faculty members participate in medical student education, patient care and research, and the department sponsors an Internal Medicine Residency program in conjunction with Hahnemann University Hospital; fellowship programs are offered in each of the divisions.
The successful candidate will be an accomplished physician leader who will provide leadership and vision to the clinical enterprise of the department as well as the educational and research missions.
- MD/DO with Board Certification in Internal Medicine and/or subspecialty;
- Current rank of Associate Professor or Professor;
- Demonstrated excellence in patient care, with regional/national reputation in research/scholarship/education;
- Visionary and creative leader with skills and experience to guide the growth of the department;
- Demonstrated success in developing faculty, residents and staff;
- Track record of successfully managing large budgets in a department with important hospital partnerships and significant educational, research, and clinical missions;
- Collaborative and accessible leadership style.
Please direct all applications to: Valerie Weber, MD, MS, Vice Dean for Educational Affairs, Drexel University College of Medicine. Applications should include one PDF including the following: (1) a comprehensive letter of interest that outlines how the candidate’s strengths and experience meet the qualifications of the position, and (2) a curriculum vitae. Documents should be submitted electronically to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Drexel University College of Medicine is an equal opportunity institution dedicated to building a broadly diverse and inclusive faculty and staff.