* Custodial experience in a residential setting preferred. Experience in an academic or institutional setting desirable.
* Ability to work weekends, evenings, graveyard shift and alternate schedules as required to meet the diverse needs of the University.
* Experience maintaining floors including sweeping, dry and/or wet mopping, stripping, sealing, waxing, polishing, vacuuming, spot and full cleaning of carpets and proper use and care of powered floor cleaning equipment, preferably in an institutional setting.
* Working knowledge of common methods, practices, equipment and materials used in custodial work.
* Ability to set up and tear down large tables, chairs, podiums and special event equipment.
* Ability to lift and/or move heavy objects and climb ladders, scaffolds, roofs and multi-structured buildings.
* Ability to make sound decisions as required by the position.
* Ability to work individually or in as a team member in a service-oriented environment subject to frequently changing priorities.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
* Ability to read and write at a level appropriate to the duties of the position.
* Ability to follow verbal and written instructions to ensure safety.
* Ability to operate and care for custodial equipment and supplies applicable to the position.
* Ability to use custodial systems such as those used to track work orders and two-way radios for communication.
* Ability to observe safety requirements and safe work practices and methods as required.
* Ability to perform work involving regular physical activity.
* Ability to establish and maintain cooperative work relationships.
* Ability to move up to 50 pounds if required by the position.
* Some positions may require possession of a valid California driver’s license.
SALARY RANGE: $2,319 - $3,765 per month plus excellent paid benefits (position will normally be hired at or near the entry salary.) The California State University offers a premium benefit package that includes, but is not limited to, outstanding vacation, health, dental, and vision plans; a fee waiver education program; membership in the California Public Employees Retirement System (PERS); and 14 paid holidays a year.
APPLICATION DEADLINE: MARCH 27, 2017.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: Applications will be processed in accordance with Article 9.3 of the CSU/CSUEU Memorandum of Understanding. Preference will be given to qualified individuals currently employed at CSU Stanislaus in bargaining units 2, 5, 7, and 9 except when it is determined that it is necessary to appoint outside applicants to meet the best interest of the campus by obtaining specialized skills and abilities not available from current employees. To be considered, qualified candidates must submit a completed CSUS employment application (download electronic application at http://www.csustan.edu/hr/Employment_Opportunities/Staff/index.html), cover letter, and resumé to:
California State University, Stanislaus Human Resources Department
Mary Stuart Rogers Educational Services Gateway Building, Suite 320 (3rd Floor)
One University Circle Turlock, CA 95382
For questions, please contact: Ms. Jennifer Humphrey (209) 667-3675
A background check (which includes checks of employment records, education records, criminal records, civil records, and sex offender registries; and may include motor vehicle records, and professional licenses, as position requires) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered a position with the CSU. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current CSU employees who apply for the position.
Applicants requiring necessary accommodations to the application process may contact the Human Resources Department at (209) 667-3351. California Relay Service is available at (800) 735-2922 voice and (800) 735-2929 TDD. As a federal contractor, we are committed to attracting a diverse applicant pool. Please consider completing the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability form (your response will not be shared with the search committee) at: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/sec503/Voluntary_Self-Identification_of_Disability_CC-305_SD_Edit1.24.14.pdf.
THE INDIVIDUALS WHO APPEAR TO BE THE BEST QUALIFIED FOR THIS POSITION WILL BE CONTACTED BY TELEPHONE FOR AN INTERVIEW
THE ANNUAL CAMPUS SECURITY AND FIRE REPORT INCLUDES STATISTICS FOR THE PREVIOUS THREE YEARS CONCERNING REPORTED CRIMES THAT OCCURRED ON CAMPUS; IN CERTAIN OFF-CAMPUS BUILDINGS OR PROPERTY OWNED OR CONTROLLED BY STANISLAUS STATE; AND ON PUBLIC PROPERTY WITHIN, OR IMMEDIATELY ADJACENT TO AND ACCESSIBLE FROM THE CAMPUS. THE REPORT ALSO INCLUDES INSTITUTIONAL POLICIES CONCERNING CAMPUS SECURITY, SUCH AS ALCOHOL AND DRUG USE, CRIME PREVENTION, THE REPORTING OF CRIMES, SEXUAL ASSAULT AND, CAMPUS FIRE STATISTICS. YOU CAN OBTAIN A COPY OF THIS REPORT AT: HTTPS://WWW.CSUSTAN.EDU/UPD/CRIME-STATISTICS. TO REQUEST A PRINTED COPY CALL: (209) 667-3572; FAX: (209) 667-3104; OR EMAIL: PUBLIC_SAFETY@CSUSTAN.EDU. INFORMATION REGARDING CAMPUS SECURITY REPORTS AT OTHER LOCATIONS CAN BE FOUND AT: HTTP://OPE.ED.GOV/SECURITY/. CLERY ACT: IN COMPLIANCE WITH THE JEANNE CLERY DISCLOSURE OF CAMPUS SECURITY POLICY AND CRIME STATISTICS ACT, CRIME REPORT STATISTICS ARE AVAILABLE AT: WWW.CSUSTAN.EDU/UPD/PAGES/CAMPUSCRIMESTATISTICS/INDEX.HTML.
THE UNIVERSITY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE AGAINST PERSONS ON THE BASIS OF RACE, RELIGION, COLOR, ANCESTRY, AGE, DISABILITY, GENETIC INFORMATION, GENDER, GENDER IDENTITY, GENDER EXPRESSION, MARITAL STATUS, MEDICAL CONDITION, NATIONAL ORIGIN, SEX, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, COVERED VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER PROTECTED STATUS. ALL QUALIFIED INDIVIDUALS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY. CSU STANISLAUS HIRES ONLY INDIVIDUALS LAWFULLY AUTHORIZED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES. THE PERSON HOLDING THIS POSITION IS CONSIDERED A ‘MANDATED REPORTER’ UNDER THE CALIFORNIA CHILD ABUSE AND NEGLECT REPORTING ACT AND IS REQUIRED TO COMPLY WITH THE REQUIREMENTS SET FORTH IN CSU EXECUTIVE ORDER 1083 AS A CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT.
INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THIS ANNOUNCEMENT MAY BE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT NOTICE