| Directs the fumigation operations through a team of managers and supervisors. Ensures increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction, while improving the efficiency of manpower, equipment, and service routes. Ensures teams are in compliance with legal standard operating procedures. |
1. Responsible for the management and operations, including planning and administration, of all fumigation services in the assigned state.
2. Responsible for capacity planning for staffing and equipment purposes.
3. Participates in recruitment, interviewing, hiring, and training fumigation staff as appropriate.
4. Implements a comprehensive training program for fumigation employees to ensure compliance with local, state, and federal regulations, strong customer service, and minimize risk.
5. Ensures employees follow standard operating procedures, use the fume app, and operate within label and legal compliance.
6. Ensure license and training compliance of fumigation employees.
7. Monitors regulatory compliance with state and federal agencies. Monitors the safe storage of fumigation chemicals as established by company and regulatory agencies.
8. Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate quick and appropriate improvements.
9. Conducts internal and subcontractor audits to ensure proper licensing of employees and compliance of company and regulatory requirements.
10. Works with sales team to ensure alignment to execution and customer expectation.
11. Responsible for operating costs. Oversees fumigation teams to review production and operating reports and resolve operational issues to ensure minimum costs and prevent operational delays, and to meet future growth.
12. Participates in formulating and administering company policies.
1. Bachelor's degree in a related field strongly preferred.
2. 5-7 years experience in fumigation or pest control field
3. 3-5 years service management experience preferred
4. State specific required certifications and/or licenses required
5. Business acumen
6. Skill in managing and leading teams
7. Skill in organization and time management
8. Skill in written and verbal communications, including public speaking
9. Skill in group presentations and meeting management
10. Skill in providing clear and concise feedback
11. Attention to detail and analytical skills
12. Skill with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
13. Knowledge of laws, regulations, methods, and techniques in area of specialty.
14. Ability to obtain and maintain relevant licenses and certifications as required by federal, state, or local regulations for termite/pest control, and any other TMX products and services.
15. Ability to maintain a valid drivers' license
16. Position may require frequent overnight travel
17. Ability to relocate as needed
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
Move up to 10 pounds regularly, and 11-20 lbs frequently, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects. Exerting up to 50 lbs of force to move objects is required occasionally.
Use legs and/or hands and arms to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, etc., in a manner that exceeds what is required for ordinary locomotion.
Maintain his/her balance when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces; balance exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion.
Bend legs and spine downward and forward to crouch or squat, and bend legs at the knee to come to rest on a surface with one or both knees, including crawling on hands and knees or hands and feet.
Push objects forward, downward, or outward with sustained force using the upper extremities to press with steady force, and drag, draw, haul, or tug objects with sustained motion using the upper extremities to exert force.
Extend his/her hands and arms in any direction to reach objects, and move objects from a lower to a higher position, or move objects horizontally from one position to another, by lifting or carrying objects either in his/her hands or arms or by strapping equipment to the body; requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
Use touch of skin to perceive attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture; particularly fingertips.
Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
Operate a motor vehicle and use electrically and manually powered hand tools for securing objects to surfaces.
Incumbent is required to have:
Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform acuity to perform activities at or within arm's reach with skill, control, and accuracy, and to determine the accuracy, neatness, and/or thoroughness of work assigned, or make general observations of facilities or structures (i.e., inspection).
Visual acuity to operate motor vehicles or equipment.
Incumbent will be subject to:
Both inside (not necessarily temperature controlled) and outside (without protection from weather; extreme heat above 100 and/or cold below 32 for more than one hour) environmental conditions.
Hazardous physical conditions, such as mechanical parts, vehicles, electrical current, heights, and scaffolding, chemical exposure, and/or high heat.
Atmospheric conditions affecting the respiratory system of the skin, such as fumes, odors, dust, mold, mist, gas, poor ventilation.
Exposure to animals and insects.
Meet physical requirements and/or pass medical certification in compliance with state and/or federal regulatory requirements and company safety policies relating to carrying and wearing personal protective equipment (PPE), including, but not limited to an OSHA compliant respirator.
Working in confined spaces, narrow aisles, or passageways which could cause reactions in those with claustrophobic tendencies.
ServiceMaster is committed to Diversity and Inclusion. We encourage diverse candidates to apply to this position. An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer of Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disability
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.