Education: Bachelor's degree in businessadministration, finance, or other discipline appropriate to the position.
Experience: Four (4) years of sponsoredprograms/research administration experience.
OR: Any equivalent combination ofeducation and/or directly related experience from which comparable knowledge,skills and abilities have been achieved.
Supervisory Experience: One (1) year ofdirect supervision or responsibility for training, work coordination, andmonitoring work of others.
Knowledge, Skills, andAbilities
- Possessa thorough knowledge of principles and practices pertaining to developing andadministering research grant proposals and awards in compliance with sponsor,federal, state and university policies and regulations. Knowledge of contractnegotiation techniques and resolution. Skill in submitting proposals usingelectronic administration software.
- Maintainhigh standards with the work being performed and maintain awareness with trendsand influences. Assume personal responsibility for all outcomes; makeseffective and timely decisions; and learns how to effectively use technology. Maintainproductivity and uses knowledge strategies to increase knowledge base. Able tomake independent decisions that are a matter of significance for the unit. Skillin planning, analyzing and coordinating activities and establishing priorities.Ability to manage time sensitive actions in order to meet deadlines.
- Ableto take a lead role in performing and directing various advanced activities.Perform independent projects and serve as a consultant in area of technicalspecialty in sponsored programs administration. Mentor, guide, and train otherstaff by using a consultative approach to resolve issues. Knowledge ofmanagement and supervisory principles and practices.
- Effectivelycommunicate both verbal and written thoughts, ideas, and facts. Write andpresent information in a clear and concise way. Interpret and understandwritten information and is able to listen attentively to verbal and non-verbalcues that lead to a deeper understanding.
- Workcooperatively with others and demonstrates professional, ethical, respectful,and courteous behavior when interacting with others. Demonstrate pleasant andpositive interactions with other to meet customer expectations, and providefollow up with customers. Reach compromise and consensus to influence andnegotiate. Remain calm and manage conflict, and work well with a diverseworkforce.
Hiring Range:Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed, contact Staffing & CareerServices at 410-706-7171, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. MarylandRelay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
EqualOpportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veteransand individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.