| The Senior Financial and Business Analyst is responsible for the comprehensive financial functions in the Office of Finance and Administration (OFA); including management and oversight of accounting, management reporting, annual budgeting, forecasting, and multi-year financial planning. The Senior Financial and Business Analyst will provide expertise in finance and administration in collaboration with the Director of Finance and Administration on strategic planning, analysis, and innovative practices The Senior Financial and Business Analyst is responsible for verifying department compliance with government regulations and University policies with regards to department financial operations. Position will oversee management of the department daily operations of finance and administration and has a dotted line, matrixed relationship to the department managers (as it relates to financial and administrative operations in FAD units.) and a dotted-line reporting relationship to the Sr. Director of Finance in the EVP Office of Finance and Administration.|
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide complex financial reports, analysis and forecasts for units reporting into Financial Administration. Lead financial activities, including financial forecasting, budget development and reporting, multi-year financial planning, and financial transactions for the $34M annual FAD budget. Lead the preparation and submission of the annual budget. Analyze financial data, identify important trends, develop innovative options for resolving problems, and advise senior management accordingly. Develop financial and administrative plans and related outreach and communications.
2. Oversee management of the department daily operations of finance and administration; Monitor and evaluate staffing needs in the finance and administrative areas working closely with units and Human Resources on financial positions; and training and mentoring of financial and administrative staff
3. Partner with financial and administrative colleagues across Central Administration in the areas of administration, finance, human resources. In conjunction with Central Finance and Administration (CFA) team, work on special projects and toward greater efficiencies in policies, processes and procedures across the Center.
4. Participates in the development and evaluation of finance and administration goals and/or objectives as it relates to the organization's strategic plan and priorities. Develop procedures for implementing administrative and financial policies, procedures and systems, as well as future planning of same.
5. Oversight of key Centralized Administrative Functions including position vacancy management, space utilization and ongoing space management and allocation.
6. Using knowledge and expertise of Harvard's financial and budgeting processes to advise, guide, and influence leadership to drive efficient and effective business functions.
Please note: Harvard University requires pre-employment reference and background screening.
Harvard University is unable to provide work authorization and/or visa sponsorship.
This position has a 90-day orientation and review period.
Harvard offers an outstanding benefits package including:
Time Off: 3 - 4 weeks paid vacation, paid holiday break, 12 paid sick days, 11.5 paid holidays, and 3 paid personal days per year.
Medical/Dental/Vision: We offer a variety of excellent medical plans, dental & vision plans, all coverage begins as of your start date.
Retirement: University-funded retirement plan with full vesting after 3 years of service.
Tuition Assistance Program: Competitive tuition assistance program, $40 per class at the Harvard Extension School and discounted options through participating Harvard grad schools.
Transportation: Harvard offers a 50% discounted MBTA pass as well as additional options to assist employees in their daily commute.
Wellness options: Harvard offers programs and classes at little or no cost, including stress management, massages, nutrition, meditation and complimentary health services.
Harvard access to athletic facilities, libraries, campus events and many discounts throughout metro Boston.
More about Financial Administration Department: http://finance.harvard.edu/home
Harvard's Financial Administration Department (FAD) is dedicated to supporting the teaching and research missions of Harvard University by providing outstanding financial services to the Harvard community; by providing support, guidance and consultation; by working to ensure compliance with University and federal guidelines; by mitigating risk; and by promoting the financial health of the University.
FAD is responsible for oversight of the University's finances, including efficient and accurate transaction processing, financial reporting, budgeting and financial planning, cash and debt management, internal audit services, risk management and sponsored program administration, and administrative systems services.
The department, led by the Vice President for Finance (VPF), is comprised of eight reporting units:
Financial Systems Solutions
Office of the Controller
Office of Finance and Administration
Office of Financial Strategy and Planning
Office for Sponsored Programs
Office of Treasury Management
Risk Management and Audit Services
To consistently deliver high-quality, innovative service and leadership in financial planning, analysis, operations and compliance, in support of Harvard's teaching and research objectives.
We aspire to provide the Harvard community with outstanding financial services to enable the dissemination of knowledge and the advancement of intellectual discovery. We commit to steward the University's assets efficiently, such that resources are assured for current and future generations of faculty and students.
Salary Grade: 058
Union: 00 - Non Union, Exempt or Temporary