Attention Applicants: Please submit a resume, cover letter, and list of 3 references (at least 2 previous employers) as one document when applying. All candidates who are current employees of CCE Tompkins must apply as internal applicants. Please note that changes cannot be made to an application once it is submitted. This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is identified. For more information about how to apply, pay rate, and benefits, please see the message at the bottom of this posting.
This individual will be responsible for customer communication, correspondence, record keeping, and enrollment and registration while supporting the administrative efforts of Cornell Cooperative Extension's 4-H Primitive Pursuits program. The majority of this support will come from implementing client relations management software, managing spreadsheets, cultivating communication with clients, intake coordinating and maintaining accurately detailed accounts and reports.
- High School Diploma or equivalent education
- Experience relevant to the role of the position.
- Ability to identify and achieve goals independently.
- Thrives in fast-paced work environments.
- Initiates creative and efficient problem-solving.
- Demonstrated skill in using a variety of software, including, Excel, and/or other data management systems.
- Demonstrated ability to enter data quickly and accurately. Typing speed at least 55 wpm.
- Writing must be of publication quality – experience with multimedia publication preferred.
- Communication skills worthy of public representation and professional rapport.
- Ability to work in a changing environment and engage in new challenges every day.
- Ability to learn and convey skill sets effectively.
- Ability to meet travel requirements associated with this position.
- Ability to meet acceptable background check standards, if required.
- Ability to work flexible hours which may include evenings and/or weekends, as appropriate.
- Ability to identify workflow bottlenecks and fail-points.
- Experience with multimedia publication.
- Creative, pleasant demeanor, and interest in the program's mission are also desired.
- Ability to identify needs of parents and youth, particularly youth in at-risk environments.
- Knowledge of or familiarity with comparable database/cloud management software programs is highly valued.
Responsibilities/ Essential Functions:
Coordination/ Operation (95%):
- Manage all registration and enrollment for the Primitive Pursuits program.
- Provide excellent customer service and professional client communication in person, via telephone and through email and other correspondence.
- Perform data systems maintenance, including but not limited to reviewing entries for accuracy, correcting errors and omissions, ensuring that the system is functioning properly, and contacting a systems specialist for assistance if it is not.
- Communicate and coordinate with CCE administrative departments regarding program activities and schedules.
- Maintain office related systems and processes in order to coordinate activities of the program.
- Publicly represent the program in a positive manner.
- Communicate effectively and teach the use of administrative systems to co-workers, interns, and students.
- Coordinate organizational workflow.
- Communicate time-sensitive information to field staff via phone, e-mail, and in person as necessary.
- Contribute to outreach and marketing campaigns.
- Assist with other administrative, programming and marketing tasks on an ad hoc basis to support the program mission.
- Understand and apply program mission in all customer communication and client service efforts.
- Verify that payments are made, follow up on missing payments, and coordinate financial information from the registration system monthly with finance staff to ensure accuracy.
Professional Improvement (5%):
- In cooperation with Supervisor and/or Executive Director, jointly develop and pursue a professional development plan as a means to increase competencies relative to position accountabilities and to address changes and Association priorities.
- Collaborate in activities that are in general support of Cornell Cooperative Extension and perform other duties as assigned.
Health and Safety (Applies to all duties and functions):
- Support the Association to maintain a safe working environment.
- Be familiar with and strive to follow any applicable federal, state, local regulations, Association health and safety policy/procedure/requirement and standard.
- Act proactively to prevent accidents/injuries and communicate hazards to supervisors when identified.
EEO/ EPO and Policy (Applies to all duties and functions):
- Appreciate and embrace diversity in all interactions with clientele, staff, volunteers and the public.
- Assist the Cornell Cooperative Extension system in reaching out to diverse audiences.
- Aware of, and adheres to, established Cornell Cooperative Extension Association of Tompkins County policies, procedures and Cornell Cooperative Extension Skills for Success.
- Contribute to the overall success of the organization by performing all assigned duties in a professional, timely and accurate manner.
Position Details and How to Apply:
This position is full time (40 hours per week), benefits eligible position. Hourly rate is $15.00 per hour.
Excellent benefits, including:
- Vacation, Sick and Personal time
- Paid Holidays
- NYS Health Insurance Program (including Dental Insurance)
- NYS Retirement
- Long-term Disability Insurance
- Voluntary Tax Deferred Annuity
- Voluntary Flexible Spending Accounts
- Voluntary Group Universal Life Insurance
- Voluntary Personal Accidental Insurance
- Voluntary Legal Plan Insurance
- Voluntary Long Term Care Insurance
- Voluntary Auto and Homeowner's Insurance
- Voluntary Pet Insurance
- Voluntary New York's College Savings Program
- Vision Access Program
How To Apply:
Applicants (including current employees of other Cornell Cooperative Extension Associations other than Tompkins) must apply online through the APPLY button in this job posting. Current employees of the Cornell Cooperative Extension Association indicated in this job posting are considered internal applicants and must apply online through their Workday account which may be accessed here: http://workday.cornell.edu/
IMPORTANT! All applicants must submit a COVER LETTER (please reference the position you are applying for), a RESUME and indicate in your cover letter, resume or other document three individuals who may be contacted as REFERENCES.
Please consider indicating in your application all information you feel would be helpful for selection committee members to know. Once the application is submitted you will NOT be able to change your submission or add attachments. Be sure that you have followed all directions and requirements listed in the job posting.
The Association may make reasonable accommodations to enable applicants to participate in the hiring process and employees to perform the essential functions of their job. If you require an accommodation so you may participate in the selection process you are encouraged to contact Cornell Cooperative Extension Administrative Systems at (607) 255-2117, or via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful candidate must pass criminal background, sex offender registry, and driver history screenings.
Job Title:Association Admin Asst II
Pay Rate Type:Hourly
Contact Name:Krystal Watson
Number of Openings:1
Cornell Cooperative Extension is a collaboration among Cornell University, the United States Department of Agriculture, the State of New York, and the residents of New York State. Per NYS Law, county and regional extension service associations are subordinate government agencies. This employment opportunity is with the entities listed and not with Cornell University.
Cornell Cooperative Extension is an employer and educator recognized for valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities. Individuals who bring a diverse perspective and are support of diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.