| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2016. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Are you interested in learning about Medical Laboratory Assistant opportunities and how you can be a part of our exciting growing team in Laboratory Medicine at MSK?
Attend our Laboratory Medicine Networking Event & Information Session on Tuesday, April 4, 2017. We have 2 sessions available that day, 2:30 to 4 pm or 4:30 to 6 pm.
At the event, you will have an opportunity to learn about this expanding field and the opportunities available at both our main hospital, 1275 York Avenue & our new Laboratory Medicine Building located at 327 E. 64th Street.
Pre-register for this event by clicking 'Apply' now. Please note, space is limited and guests' attendance will be confirmed by Thursday, March 30, 2017.
In Laboratory Medicine we’re taking bold steps to redefine what’s possible. Our state-of-the-art clinical laboratories provide sophisticated technology and automated equipment that allow our teams to get to answers faster and more efficiently, with a strong emphasis on applied and translational research. We are committed to the growth and advancement of the department, and fully support the active collaboration of scientists, clinicians and industry experts to develop next-generation laboratory methods. MSK is also dedicated to providing diverse educational opportunities to further develop the skills and ambitions of our medical technologists, laboratory managers, and laboratory directors.
Our experts also play a vital role in clinical research through contributions we make to the development of new laboratory tests and diagnostic platforms.
For further information on the department, please visit: https://www.mskcc.org/departments/laboratory-medicine/expertise and review our videos:
Smart & Passionate People: Laboratory Medicine
A Day in the Life | Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
We seek Medical Laboratory Assistants with strong computer experience & excellent information management skills to communicate, explain, interpret, share, and present information to laboratory and hospital staff.
- Accessioning: Review requisitions and Order Entry orders, verify the accuracy of corresponding specimens and enter required data into the computer.
- Specimen Processing: Prepare specimens for testing or sending out to another laboratory for testing.
- Reference Laboratory Processing: Prepare specimens for sending out to other laboratories utilizing the laboratory computer system.
- Clerical Support: Maintain complete, accurate, and organized file system. File addition/correction sheets, requisitions and reference laboratories’ results according to laboratory guidelines.
- Materials Management: Maintain an organized and secure supply area and reagent storage area to ensure easy access to reagents, chemicals and supplies.
- Safety: Contribute to the upkeep and safety of the laboratory and assure a clean, safe, adequately supplied work area.
- Associates degree in clinical laboratory science (preferred).
- 1-2 years' Experience as a Medical Laboratory Technician, Laboratory Assistant or related job.
- Strong computer skills in Word and Excel.
Pre-register for this event by clicking 'Apply' now. Please note, space is limited and guests attendance will be confirmed by March 30, 2017.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.