| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
Executive Assistant, Department of Medical Physics
- Action oriented and eager to take on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and executing communications based on that understanding
- Committed to high standards of productivity
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- A good decision maker, with proven success of making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments with a keen eye for detail
- A professional who possesses the ability to work well with people of many different backgrounds and temperament
- Perform various clerical duties and administrative duties, including but not limited to the Department Chair and administrator calendar management, organizing travel arrangements, coordinating meetings, processing reimbursements, meeting minutes
- Prepare/produce documents including memos, correspondence, reports, presentations, and manuals as required, ensuring complete process
- Completes required paperwork/communication tools for department.
- Assist and participate in special projects.
- Answer assigned phone lines and direct calls; use correct telephone techniques and procedures when receiving and making calls; cross-cover other lines as assigned
- Ensure confidentiality for sensitive documents as per department and institution guidelines
- You will work collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives and goals
- Bachelors Degree Required
- Excellent Microsoft Office software skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Exceptional organization and communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize/multi-task, work independently and handle stressful situations and deadlines.
Additional information regarding Dr. Joseph Deasy:
In order to be considered for an Administrative/ Secretary role here at MSK, you will be required to pass an online Administrative Assessment. When applying to this position, you will be prompted to take the assessment. It takes about 45 minutes to complete. Please note that you will have 48 hours to complete this test.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.