NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as an Assistant Director of Portfolio Operations.
This position is responsible for supporting and coordinating all aspects of real estate leasing, acquisition, financial and management performance within the real estate portfolio. This position will also be responsible for supporting the Facilities & Property Managers in all aspects of portfolio management, specifically as it relates to communication and reporting, systems development, relationship management, portfolio initiatives, efficiency and compliance.
- Oversee budgeting, and monitors and reports on budget performance and supports the facilities and property managers.
- Ensure effective and efficient use of medical center resources.
- Oversee the preparation of annual property budgets for the real estate portfolio, managing the commercial and residential facilities managers to ensure budgets are thorough, lean, and accurate.
- Monitor revenues and expenses to ensure properties are managed within budget, analyzing performance and forecasting variances to remain within available budget.
- Review invoices and confirm lease obligations and payments.
- Develop/maintain contacts with landlords and vendors.
- Maintain lease abstracts and leased space inventory.
- Manage existing databases.
- Oversee the real estate management team in the leasing and acquisition of property, oversee the real estate managers and analysts to support the property needs of the medical center for its administrative, clinical, research, housing and other property needs.
- Support the negotiation of contracts of sale, leases, licenses, easements and other instruments in support of the above requirements.
- Coordinate work with various individuals and divisions supporting real estate in the acquisition of space, including legal, risk management, facilities management, planning and design, construction, and environmental health and safety.
- Analyze the space needs of the medical center and track market availabilities as appropriate.
- Prepare cost-benefit analyses and feasibility budgets of projected development and occupancy costs regarding proposed transactions.
- Prepare documents and presentations for internal reviews and approvals as well as board and trustee-level approvals.
- Ensure properties are managed in compliance with all applicable laws, codes, and standards, including requirements of third-party regulators such as DOH, Joint Commission, CMS, ERPA, GME, LCME, and others.
- Coordinate review and reporting requirements with other divisions and departments.
- Support efforts to prepare for and facilitate scheduled and unannounced site inspections.
- Develop and coordinate initiatives with other divisions and departments, such as Environmental Health and Safety, Energy Management and Sustainability, and the Project Support Office, to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the management and compliance efforts of the off-site properties.
- Initiate and oversee initiatives to enhance existing systems and work with MCIT to develop and implement new management information systems to improve the capabilities and efficiency of the division.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree and at least 10 years relevant, full-time experience in facilities management, real estate, planning and project management in the field of health care, life sciences, or a related area.
- Ability to synthesize information from many sources to create, articulate and implement management strategies that will improve service delivery efficiencies and alignment of goals and expectations between Real Estate Development and Facilities, and the portfolio tenants.
- Demonstrate the capacity and initiative to function independently, assuming ownership and responsibility for daily management and the ability to follow-through on assignments without regular supervision or prompting.
- Demonstrate familiarity with major planning and real estate development processes.
- Proven leadership to drive projects, manage teams, motivate people, and work within diverse, cross-functional teams to achieve common objectives and deliver results.
- Ability to establish and maintain respect of peers and team members.
- Possess exceptional organizational skills and keen attention to detail and accuracy with an ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize work, manage timelines and control project budgets.
- Demonstrate proficiency with the technology and media necessary to communicate and reach tenants in a manner that is open, accessible and clear.
- Strong planning and management experience, oral and written presentation skills, and highly developed communication skills are essential to success in this role.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.