NYU Langone Medical Center, a world-class, patient-centered, integrated, academic medical center, is one of the nation's premier centers for excellence in clinical care, biomedical research and medical education. Located in the heart of Manhattan, NYU Langone is composed of four hospitals - Tisch Hospital, its flagship acute care facility; Rusk Rehabilitation; the Hospital for Joint Diseases, one of only five hospitals in the nation dedicated to orthopaedics and rheumatology; and Hassenfeld Children's Hospital, a comprehensive pediatric hospital supporting a full array of children's health services across the medical center - plus the NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. The medical center's tri-fold mission to serve, teach and discover is achieved 365 days a year through the seamless integration of a culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education and research. For more information, go to www.NYULMC.org.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Senior IT Project Manager, Clinical Systems/Epic.
This position acts as a seasoned professional providing advanced expertise in a complex professional discipline. This position mentors less-experienced staff with responsibility for their development, and is responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of project oriented work efforts. This position functions independently with limited work direction, and work is reviewed periodically and on an exception basis.
- Uses project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
- Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts on a daily basis, identifying resource needs, performing quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
- Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
- Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources (people/money) of the work effort being managed.
- Partners with senior management of the business community to identify and prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
- Manages several projects and/or programs of medium to high complexity.
- Conducts complete diagnostics of most business problems.
- Anticipates implementation obstacles.
- Selects tools and methodologies for projects.
- Commits to deliverables with customers and/or management.
- May oversee other projects/programs and track key performance indicators for assessment and mitigation of risks.
- Must have a BA/BS degree and 7 or more years of experience.
- Must possess extensive knowledge and expertise in the use of project management methodologies and tools such as those defined by Project Management Institute (PMI) and included in Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK); this should include knowledge and use of resource management practices and change management techniques.
- PMP required.
- Epic Experience and experience managing clinical projects is preferred.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone Medical Center provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents. And just as our employees invest so much in us, we invest in our employees. We're pleased to have one of the most competitive compensation packages not only among New York's hospitals and healthcare institutions, but within the corporate sector as well. We begin with exceptional medical, dental, and drug coverage. We enhance this basic coverage with comprehensive wellness programs, and supplement those with retirement investment and benefits plans, and generous paid time off allowances. Add to that a very attractive tuition program, and you'll see just some of the ways that NYU Langone Medical Center demonstrates our commitment to our employees.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm for more information.