| POSITION DETAILSThe mission of the Baruch College Counseling Center is to help students realize their educational, career and personal goals. The Center is staffed with experienced licensed psychologists, psychiatrists, and supervised pre-doctoral graduate students, who not only work toward reducing the interference of everyday stress on goals and treating more serious conditions, but who do so with a respect for multicultural issues. This position reports to the Director of the Counseling Center.The Associate Director will perform the following additional duties:|
* Provide weekly individual psychotherapy to a diverse population of undergraduate and graduate students with a wide range of personal and mental health issues. Carry a weekly case load of individual psychotherapy patients.
* Conduct initial consultation appointments for Baruch community members requesting services.
* Execute campus outreach initiatives, training, and workshops to increase the visibility, accessibility and utilization of the Counseling Center by the campus community.
* Provide clinical supervision to psychology trainees on their work with individual psychotherapy cases and triage assessments.
* Participate in weekly disposition team meetings where students requesting services are provided with recommendations for treatment and where new cases are assigned to therapists.
* Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team to coordinate care for individual clients.
* Conduct crisis interventions and assessments when necessary.
* Present clinical training seminars to Center training staff.
* Present and/or coordinate interactive workshops and training on various topics
* Work closely with other student service offices to provide introductory presentations and training to students and staff.
* Provide support of the Center's various training programs, including maintaining accreditation standards for training set by the American Psychological Association.
* Support the Center's efforts to seek grants to augment budget and programmatic initiatives.
* Provide other relevant administrative and clinical duties in support of the Center's functioning, as needed.
* Serve on Divisional and College committees and task forces, as required.Some late evening hours may be required.QUALIFICATIONSBachelor's degree and six years' related experience required. A Doctoral degree in Psychology to include Ph.D. and Psy.D. programs (OR) A Master's degree in an appropriate discipline for personal or psychological counseling and a New York State license as a mental health practitioner (social work, psychology, or mental health counseling). In addition, six years' professional experience is required for all candidates. Licensed as a mental health provider (LCSW, LMHC, LMFT) required.A demonstrated commitment to multicultural competency and excellent oral and written communication skills are required. Three (3) or more years of experience providing staff and clinical supervision. Well-developed counseling and clinical supervision skills, along with an understanding of student development, a collaborative spirit, the energy to flexibly manage the demands of a challenging caseload and other professional responsibilities. Previous experience in a college or university counseling center desirable.CUNY TITLE OVERVIEWManages one or more aspects of a college counseling center, integrating counseling services into a comprehensive student development experience.
* Manages a counseling center providing a variety of services
* Prepares schedules to provide the most appropriate coverage
* Develops and distributes counseling center communications to increase awareness by the College community
* Supervises and develops counseling faculty and staff
* Solicits and analyzes input from faculty, staff, clients, and others to improve counseling services
* Provides input to planning, evaluation, assessment and marketing of counseling services
* Participates in inter-divisional programs to increase student success and retention
* Performs related duties as assigned.Job Title Name: Student Counseling ManagerCUNY TITLEHigher Education AssociateFLSAExemptCOMPENSATION AND BENEFITSSalary commensurate with education and experience.CUNY's benefits contribute significantly to total compensation, supporting health and wellness, financial well-being, and professional development. We offer a range of health plans, competitive retirement/pension benefits and savings plans, tuition waivers for CUNY graduate study and generous paid time off. Our staff also benefits from the extensive academic, arts, and athletic programs on our campuses and the opportunity to participate in a lively, diverse academic community in one of the greatest cities in the world.HOW TO APPLYVisit www.cuny.edu, access the employment page, log in or create a new user account, and search for this vacancy using the Job ID or Title. Select "Apply Now" and provide the requested information.Candidates should provide a resume and cover letter.CLOSING DATEMarch 25, 2017JOB SEARCH CATEGORYCUNY Job Posting: Managerial/ProfessionalEQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITYCUNY encourages people with disabilities, minorities, veterans and women to apply. At CUNY, Italian Americans are also included among our protected groups. Applicants and employees will not be discriminated against on the basis of any legally protected category, including sexual orientation or gender identity. EEO/AA/Vet/Disability Employer.*Location:
* Baruch College*Job Title:
* Associate Director for Counseling Center*Job ID:
* 16401*Full/Part Time: