Vanderbilt University Medical Center Job Description
Job Title: Supervisor Access
Job Code: (4267)
Career Stream and Level: Management (M1)
Supervises the team in the delivery of quality service for patient access. Manages daily operations supervision, workload distribution and prioritization of tasks. Responsible for direct, front-line communication with staff to receive and provide direct feedback regarding quality and productivity.
- Manages overall coaching and mentoring program to ensure staff are effectively supported.
- Drives key staffing decisions associated with development, engagement, and performance accountability plans.
- Serves as an escalation point to handle escalated calls and issues from Access Specialist Leads.
- Ensures quality standards are met using available tools and resources.
- Provides input on budget issues, staffing, cost containment strategies and capital needs.
- Call Center Telephone Etiquette (Intermediate): Able to handle patient or provider calls and contribute positively to the call center working environment. Demonstrates good manners, decorum and appropriate protocols. Avoids and neutralizes conflicts and handles difficult callers in a positive and professional way.
- Leadership (Intermediate): Formulates a vision while motivating & guiding employees promoting engagement. Leaders state precise goals, ensures the commitment of individuals to those goals, defines the methods of measurement, and provides the incentive to accomplish measureable outcomes.
- Operations Planning (Intermediate): Anticipates resource needs to meet objectives and implements appropriate processes.
- People Management (Intermediate): Interacting, communicating, building relationships and developing employees.
- Compliance (Intermediate): Understanding the rules, regulations, sanctions and other statutory requirements, guidelines and instructions relating to governing bodies and organizations, both internally and externally.
- Business Results (Novice): Ability to achieve business results while focusing on quality, customer satisfaction, and stewardship.
- Quality Management (Intermediate): Developing a systematic process of checking to see whether a process or service is meeting specific requirements.
- Organizational Impact: Plans and sets day to day objectives for the team that have a direct effect on the results of the department or area that the job is in.
- Problem Solving/Complexity of Work: Resolves technical and operational problems within provided guidelines.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Applies advanced subject matter knowledge within a specific technical area and basic management knowledge to support the team.
- Team Interaction: Leads/supervises a unit within a department or a small department. Typically without budget or hire/fire authority. Role is typically a 'working' supervisor.
Â· Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain knowledge in new areas
Â· Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships
Â· Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and modifies oneâs own communication style to suit different situations and audiences
Delivering Excellent Services
Â· Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to better address them
Â· Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and develop concrete solutions
Â· Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employeesâ effectiveness
Ensuring High Quality
Â· Performs excellent work: Engages regularly in formal and informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues promptly
Â· Ensures continuous improvement: Applies various learning experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes of problems and identifies ways to resolve them
Â· Fulfills safety and regulatory requirements: Understands all aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring
Managing Resources Effectively
Â· Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure
Â· Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a department/area
Â· Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate opportunities
Â· Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve processes beyond conventional approaches
Â· Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term challenges
Â· Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of emphasizing negative elements
- Minimum Education: Bachelor's
- Minimum Experience: 4 Year(s)
Education/Experience Notes: None Specified
- Licensure/Certification: None
Licensure/Certification Notes: None Specified