| Care Site Description|
Saint Joseph Hospital is part of SCL Health, a faith-based, nonprofit health care organization.
Interested in making a difference? Then check us out. Our rich heritage and mission, and our focus on health care delivery that values person-centered care, excellence and accountability are a winning combination as we bring health â?? and hope â?? to our patients.
- Denver (estab.1873)
- Largest acute care provider in Denver area
- 2,397 associates, 1,332 medical staff, 108 residents
- 371 beds
- New $623 million, 360-bed, 826,000-square-foot replacement facility (December 2014)
Services & Expertise
- Breast Care Center
- Cardiovascular Services
- Center for Women and Infants
- Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Emergency Services
- Medical Imaging
- Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery
- Surgical Care
- Weight Loss Surgery Center
Kudos: Saint Joseph Hospital offers excellence across the continuum of care for patients.
Position is 50% direct clinical care and 50% administrative duties:
- Patient care is provided via direct counseling with patients and their families, clinical interventions, resource referral and consultation with other staff members.
- Administrative time is available for warm handoffs, resident physician curbside consultations and resident physician teaching as available.
To provide clinical services, develop programs in the Sr Joanna Bruner Family Medicine clinic that include, but are not limited to, psychological assessment and treatment of primary care patients and their families, management of psychosocial support services for patients and their families, and the collaboration with complementary services through mind/body programs, in addition to providing clinical services as needed for patients with chronic health conditions.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Required: Doctoral degree in Clinical or Counseling Psychology
- 4+ years of experience in a medical setting treating medical patients.
- Bilingual English / Spanish
- Previous experience in integrated healthcare or primary care.
- Specific experience in behavioral medicine/health psychology, with expertise working in primary care, including psychological assessment, cognitive-behavior therapy, relaxation techniques, systematic desensitization therapy, behavioral preparation for procedures and pain management.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with PC software applications in word processing, Epic, Word, Excel
Required Colorado psychology license or eligible for Colorado license.