Invesco Ltd. is a leading independent global investment management firm, dedicated to helping investors worldwide achieve their financial objectives. By delivering the combined power of our distinctive investment management capabilities, Invesco provides a wide range of investment strategies and vehicles to our clients around the world. Operating in more than 20 countries, the firm is listed on the New York Stock Exchange under the symbol IVZ.
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
Responsible for analyzing corporate fundamentals and fixed income investment opportunities to support portfolio positioning focused predominantly on Chinese corporates. Provide sector level research to underpin strategic positioning across Invesco Fixed Income's suite of global mandates. Key product knowledge: Corporate Credit Analysis; Key geographic experience: Asia Pacific
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Provide well developed investment recommendations at company and industry sector level to assist positioning across Invesco's Global Fixed Income portfolios.
- Use Invesco's proprietary investment platform to record and update all investment views on a timely basis.
- Assist in monitoring performance and pro-actively review investment recommendations to produce consistent long-term results.
- Interact with clients, brokers and consultants to promote Invesco Fixed Income products as required.
- Examine and monitor legislative, regulatory and economic developments across the corporate sector, assisting the investment decision-making process.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements and laws.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- Would typically have 3-5 years' experience of analyzing corporates in Asia Pacific markets.
- A track record in analysis of corporate fundamentals and relative value within a company's debt structure and versus peers.
- Possessing strong credit research skills, this individual will have demonstrated success as a decision-maker.
- Mandarin speaker
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Team player who is comfortable in a collaborative team-oriented environment.
- Excellent presentation (both verbal and written communication) skills.
- Ability to influence and persuade others.
- Open minded, flexible, and willing to listen for other people's opinions.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- A Master's degree in Finance, Economics, Mathematics or other business-related field of study preferred
License/Registration/Certification: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- CFA designation or accountancy qualification preferred
Invesco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within twelve weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 2 years for future recruitment purposes. When there are vacancies in our subsidiary or associate companies during that period, we may transfer the application to them for consideration of employment. Under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance, job applicants have a right to request access to, and to request correction of, Personal Data in relation to the application. If job applicants wish to exercise these rights, they should contact the Human Resources department.