International Student and Scholar Services (ISSS) facilitates the entry, success, and retention of approximately 3000 international students and 750 international scholars. ISSS advocates on behalf of international students and scholars both within the university and to federal regulatory agencies to ensure that they are afforded every opportunity to complete their educational, research, and/or professional objectives. ISSS provides educational, social, and cultural programs that foster the integration and success of the international population on campus and in the local community and promote a greater understanding and appreciation for all cultures. As a member of the ISSS team, the Business Analyst analyzes complex business matters and assesses how technology solutions can be applied and integrated to increase the efficiency and quality of services and programs. The Business Analyst is responsible for the development, use, integration, and maintenance of technology solutions in the ISSS office. Working with subject matter experts, the analyst applies organizational, technical and business knowledge to develop and maintain innovative solutions for ISSS. The Business Analyst not only leads efforts in regards to new technology solutions, but also related to any technology transfer projects including but not limited to a change in case management software, website platform, etc
What your key responsibilities will be:
Evaluation of Technology Requirements
- Responsible for understanding technology needs as they relate to business processes.
- Formulates and defines solution scope and objectives through research and fact-finding, reaching out to internal and external stakeholders.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to document and improve business processes and to validate and record functional and technical requirements.
- Analyze and document the requirements, workflows, rules and processes of technology solutions.
- Recommend changes in workflows and practices to maximize effectiveness and efficiencies for the work unit.
- Maintains up-to-date knowledge of technology solutions applicable to ISSS operations.
Development of Technology Solutions
- Work with the Office of Information Technology in order to build or source and implement technology solutions.
- Analyze and coordinate the design specifications, development and implementation of built and/or purchased applications.
- Liaison and collaborate with the Office of Information Technology including the IT Security Office on campus and the system-level University Information Systems office.
- Ensure technology solutions meet universal design and accessibility standards.
- Performs testing of solutions.
- Interpret and present technical details to stakeholders and developers in a way that is meaningful to all audiences.
- Serve as project lead during the design phase of projects.
Implementation and Maintenance of Technical Solutions
- Develop, coordinate and maintain electronic distribution, including via website and social media, of materials and information that facilitate effective communications between ISSS and campus stakeholders and customers.
- Maintain compliance with federal and University of Colorado system requirements by ensuring data integrity across all systems.
- Evaluate current technology tools in order to advise and assist on optimal usage of such tools.
- Provide coordination of the various technologies used and suggest modifications to improve services.
- Create, revise, and maintain operation and program user documentation for programs and processes.
- Develop training materials and in person group training workshops on the effective use of technology solutions.
SEVIS Database Management
- Serves as the backup to the SEVIS Manager, ensuring compliance with federal regulations and policies in regards to the F-1 and J-1 visa programs for international students and scholars, using a variety of complex databases including but not limited to Ellucian ISSM, PeopleSoft Campus Solutions, and SEVIS.
Administrative and Other
- Serve on internal committees and work groups.
- Participate in weekly case management meetings, ISSS team meetings, etc.
- Engage in professional development and compliance training opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
What we can offer:
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be brilliant. Be inclusive. Be willing. Be Boulder.