The Director of the Undergraduate Advising Center is responsible to manage and strategically lead the Undergraduate Advising Center (UAC) at San Francisco State University. The UAC provides comprehensive academic counseling to help students achieve their academic, personal and career goals.
The Undergraduate Advising Center is part of the Division of Undergraduate Education and Academic Planning (DUEAP). DUEAP is comprised of several units that collaborate to serve students and enhance learning. The Director of the Undergraduate Advising Center reports to the Associate Dean of Undergraduate Education.
Areas of Responsibility
- Deliver a student-centered advising model that is consistent with the philosophy and policies of the Undergraduate Advising Center, the Division of Undergraduate Education and Academic Planning, and San Francisco State University.
- Collaboratively manage a dedicated team of approximately 18 staff members, including professional academic counselors and administrative staff, in providing a full range of support services to undergraduate students at all stages of their academic careers. These services include: one-on-one appointments, walk-in advising, workshops, advising events, and online advising tools/resources.
- Responsible for all operational aspects of the Undergraduate Advising Center including budgeting, staffing, supervision, training, and event/project management.
- Working with the Office of New Student Programs, deliver academic advising services to new students at summer and winter orientations.
- Strengthen the UAC's team by identifying, hiring, and training new talent.
- Participate in initiatives focused on student success, facilitating graduation, and improving academic advising.
- Master's degree or terminal degree in counseling, higher education, or student affairs, is preferred. With demonstrated experience in advising administration, a Master's degree in a related field or alternate discipline may be considered.
- Minimum of 3 years of progressively responsible experience in the effective administration of an academic advising center.
- Extensive experience in hiring, supervising, effectively working with, and retaining a diverse set of professional staff.
- Experience with and sensitivity to developing and delivering advising services that meet the needs of a highly diverse, urban student population.
- Experience managing a budget.
- Experience working with faculty, staff, and administrators to develop and deliver effective advising programs and services.
The successful candidate will embody the following competencies: Collaboration, effective communication, organizational skills, student focus, personal effectiveness/creditability, teamwork, professionalism/composure, results driven, diversity, and inclusion.
For the complete job description and qualifications, please go to SF State's online job posting http://hr.sfsu.edu/Employment_HRMS/employment/jobs The position is open until filled. Salary is commensurate with experience with an anticipated hiring range of $90,000 - $95,000. Apply Here