Northwestern University Opportunity (Job ID 29628):
Northwestern University seeks to employ a varied and diverse range of dynamic people who understand the importance of our mission and vision. When you consider a career at Northwestern University, you know that you are joining an institution with a deep history of academic, professional and personal excellence.
Currently, we have a career opportunity as an Administrator IPHAM (Chicago Campus).
The Administrator IPHAM oversees a major department/school-wide program or project & provides direction & thought leadership to develop strategic goals & objectives; defines associated metrics to measure results; & creates & obtains resources to ensure success. Reviews, creates & nurtures internal & external alliances, collaborations and partnerships.
The Institute for Public Health and Medicine (IPHAM) was established in 2012 to accelerate innovation at the interface of medicine and public health and achieve measurable improvements in health for patients and populations. IPHAM is now home to multiple educational and training programs and 13 research centers that support a broad portfolio of clinical, health services, public health, and policy research that engages over 650 active members and stakeholders. The Administrator is vital to the development and implementation of the Institute's strategic plan, to overseeing its daily operations, and to supporting internal and external relationships that will ensure successful ongoing growth and impact. The Administrator collaborates closely with the IPHAM Director, the IPHAM Executive Committee, and other Institutional leaders at Feinberg School of Medicine and Northwestern University. This role requires exceptional leadership and administrative management experience, vision, creativity, assertiveness, and strong interpersonal skills. Applicants should apply online at http://www.northwestern.edu/hr/careers/, job ID 29628.
The program/project is summarized below:
The Institute for Public Health and Medicine (IPHAM) is the nexus for all public health activities at the Feinberg School of Medicine (FSM). The goal of the Institute is to accelerate innovation at the interface of medicine and public health and achieve measurable improvements in health for patients and populations. IPHAM is home to 14 centers and multiple degree programs, including: Master's in Public Health, MS in Biostatistics, MS in Health Services and Outcomes Research, MS in Healthcare Quality and Patient Safety and the Health Sciences Integrated PhD Program.
- Directs and leads development of program/project strategic plan.
- Oversees & ensures that day-to-day operations are appropriately managed, efficient and effective.
- Operationalizes goals & objectives; ensures that resources are created or obtained.
- Manages customer service; creates associated practices & procedures & metrics to measure success.
- Oversees data analysis & recommends & implements changes & improvement to better ensure attainment of mission.
Budgets & Financial
- Ensures that the program/project meets associated revenue & expense goals.
- Develops and implements ideas for improving business processes, and increasing program/project revenues and margins.
- Plans & manages complex budget(s) which fund strategic mission including financial sustainability & enhancement models.
- Plans & implements annual budget process.
- Oversees all daily, monthly & annual financial activities including transactions, analysis, & reporting.
- Approves funds reallocation within budget as necessary & appropriate.
Communication, Outreach & Recruitment
- Builds and maintains collaborative relationships with internal and external stakeholders to increase program profile, reputation, visibility and support.
- Creates plan to drive awareness of program/project in appropriate markets.
- Partners with academia and organizations to continue to innovate & enhance program/project.
- Actively obtains market intelligence by monitoring program/project peers/competitors and sharing information with appropriate groups.
- Builds relationships with appropriate communities & organizations that will result in program/project enhancement.
- Oversees marketing of new and current programs/projects.
- Oversees development & implementation of evaluation processes, quantitative & qualitative measurements that ensure that program/project benchmarks are successfully attained and communicated in a timely and efficient manner.
- Assesses programming and recommends changes that will innovate and invigorate program including cutting edge developments in the field and changes to better meet external partners' needs in order to achieve goals.
- Oversees recruitment of faculty.
- Reviews policies, recommends changes, implements new & ensures consistent interpretation.
Grants & Contracts
- Develops new proposals for research including obtaining financial support.
- Writes technical reports detailing procedures, outcomes, and observations.
- Determines & implements organizational structures to align with strategic mission.
- Manages implementation of human resource programs, policies, procedures & talent management lifecycle & related mentoring & training.
- Oversees recruitment & selection process; Performance Excellence plan for each employee; & merit increase process.
- Manages & provides consultation regarding complex performance problems & issues; administers leaves; approves timesheets & oversees completion of annual staff Conflict of Interest survey.
- Interprets HR policy to maximize effectiveness of HR administration to meet strategic plan objectives.
- Determines goals, objectives, outcome measurements and metrics, financial feasibility, marketing strategies and collaboration opportunities with other internal and external organizations.
- Oversees the ongoing development and refinement of the program's/project's current and future curriculum and course offerings in consultation with subject matter experts.
- Recruits, hires, and directs instructors/faculty.
- Provides leadership for planning, scheduling, delivering and maintaining program(s)/project(s) to sustain quality instruction in all educational activity.
- Directs actions to consistently high quality standards across all partner programs, including admissions, teaching, grading, service levels, and facilities.
- Oversees development & implementation of processes & procedures for all safety, security & compliance programs.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal, state, local & NU laws, regulations, policies & procedures.
- Develops and implements a comprehensive, visionary program/project strategy designed to continually grow and improve programs and build internal/external engagement.
- Provides guidance and support to staff in the creation of program/project components.
- Oversees recruitment, application evaluation, interview, selection and notification of students or participants.
- Establishes admissions criteria in accordance with associated NU policy.
- Creates department strategy for structure, process, & staff support of students.
- Oversees academic year course schedule; monitors course registration & enrollments.
- Supervises 5-6 staff in central IPHAM and 6 or more center administrators, in coordination with Center Directors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree in business, accounting or a related field + 5 years program administration or similar experience; or 7 years program administration or similar experience; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while managing deadlines.
- Ability to work with others at all levels of the organization effectively.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Professional demeanor.
- Experience managing large and/or complex department and/or unit.
Working at Northwestern University:
Beyond being a place to learn and grow professionally, Northwestern is an exciting and fulfilling place to work! Northwestern offers many benefit options to full and part-time employees including: competitive compensation; excellent retirement plans; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; dependent care match; vacation, sick and holiday pay; professional development opportunities and tuition reimbursement.
Northwestern greatly values work/life balance amongst its employees. Take advantage of recreational, cultural, and enrichment opportunities on campus. Employees also receive access to childcare solutions, retail discounts, and other work/life balance resources.
Northwestern University is an equal opportunity employer and strongly believes in creating an environment that welcomes students, faculty and staff of all races, nationalities and religions. In doing so, we offer our students the opportunity to learn and grow in diverse communities preparing them for successful careers in an increasingly global and diverse work force.
For consideration, please click on the link below. You will be directed to Northwestern University's electronic recruiting system, eRecruit, where you will apply for current openings. Once you apply, you will receive an email confirming submission of your resume. For all resumes received, if there is interest in your candidacy, the human resources recruiter or the department hiring manager will contact you. Job Opening ID number for this position is 29628.
As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. As per Northwestern University policy, this position requires a criminal background check. Successful applicants will need to submit to a criminal background check prior to employment.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.