- Knowledge and experience with forecasting tools and systems (such as Future Perfect, White Birch, Axiom, Tidemark, Anaplan, and Adaptive Insights).
- Detail oriented with exceptional analytical skills and experience with financial modeling.
- Strong understanding of the key drivers in a business model.
- Comfort in serving as a single point of contact, including experience in communicating project updates and needs back to business team, and managing up.
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to create executive presentations from raw data and present complex financial information in a clear and concise format.
- Well-organized, able to prioritize, multitask and adhere to deadlines. Ability to execute quickly as needed.
- Excellent software program skills, especially Excel – Candidate must demonstrate the ability to utilize complex financial software applications in the tracking, modeling and analysis of financial information. Proficiency with Word, PowerPoint, and Adobe Pro required. Experience with Colleague and Future Perfect, as well as report writers including Informer and Synoptix is a plus. Comfort with learning new technologies.
- Must demonstrate a collaborative working style and ability to build strong relationships with internal and external representatives, at varying levels in the organization, and reflecting a broad range of identities, perspectives, and experiences.
- Comfort with ambiguity and the ability to navigate new issues. Able to lead a process in a highly collaborative environment to achieve agreed-upon objectives.
- Proven ability to handle sensitive data with discretion, creatively solve problems, and both design and improve processes in an expanding operation.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related major. CPA is desirable.
- Minimum of 5 years professional experience, preferably with a strong working knowledge of accounting and financial principles and the ability to develop and analyze financial information at an institution of higher education. Experience in assessment of overhead allocation and profitability analysis helpful. Strong financial analysis expertise.
The above information on this position description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by individuals within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate qualified individuals with disabilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” employment relationship.
External and internal applicants, as well as position incumbents who become disabled as defined under the Americans With Disabilities Act, must be able to perform the essential job functions (as listed) either unaided or with the assistance of a reasonable accommodation to be determined by management on a case-by-case basis.
*** Application Instructions Specific to this Position ***
Currently enrolled Berklee students may not apply for staff or faculty positions.
Applicants who are both interested and qualified should submit the following materials:
- Cover letter that addresses the applicant’s capabilities and experiences.
- A resume or CV.
Incomplete applications will not be considered. The position will remain open for applications until filled.
Berklee College of Music is committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
Berklee provides a diverse and inclusive work environment
We all share a universal love for listening to, and creating music
We work on Macs