Nurse Coordinator - (170000DL)
The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), School of Medicine, Institute of Human Virology (IHV) is currently seeking a Nurse Coordinator. This positions coordinates and leads the activities of nurses engaged in research and/or the provision of health care. Responsible for overseeing research projects, and ensuring that nurses are aware of study protocols. In a clinic setting, is responsible for day to day operations including assisting with budgets, grant proposals, hiring and disciplinary actions. Schedules staff to maximize efficiency. Trains nurses in interview techniques and new procedures as needed.
UMB offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools.
- Develop and implement a risk assessment while the patient is in the acute care setting and develop and implement an intensive care plan, in collaboration with a team of Linkage to Care Navigators and Peer Support Navigators, for a short-term period to address immediate medical and psychosocial needs.
- Oversee the plan of care for a minimum of two successful HIV primary medical care appointments and/or 3 months of intensive case management. The LTC+ Nurse will work with health care providers in the acute care setting, outpatient setting and the community to coordinate care for The Linkage to Care Plus (LTC+) Nurse will be responsible for the development of protocols and workflow related to persons who are not optimally engaged in HIV care a high risk patient.
- The nurse will conduct visit in home/community/accompany to appointments. The nurse will be responsible for data collection and monitoring and reporting.
- The Linkage to Care Plus (LTC+) Nurse will be responsible for the development of protocols and workflow related to persons who are not optimally engaged in HIV care.
Must be a currently licensed Registered Nurse.
5 years of experience as a registered nurse. Positions within a research setting require at least 1 year of clinical research experience. Subject specialty necessary.
May require training related to occupational safety and health, environmental compliance, shipping of hazardous materials and/or ionizing radiation.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of best practices in the field as well as all relevant federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and programs/policies for meeting compliance.
- Ability to establish goals, structures, and processes necessary to implement a mission and strategic vision.
- Leadership, coaching, and teambuilding skills to strengthen and cultivate relationships.
- Strategic and analytical thinking skills with an ability to solve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to network and interact, as well as support effective partnerships with key groups and individuals.
- Ability to prioritize ongoing and new projects, as well as conduct research and gather information.
- Oral/written communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to schedule, train, supervise, assign work to, and evaluate staff.
- Ability to interview patients to determine effectiveness of treatment.
Hiring Range: Commensurate with education and experience
If accommodations are needed for a disability, please contact Staffing & Career Services at 410-706-2606, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm EST. Maryland Relay can be accessed by dialing 711 (in-state) or 1-800-735-2258.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. Minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
: Exempt Staff - E2301F
Employee Class : Exempt Regular
Full Time/Part Time: Full-Time
: Day Job
Financial Disclosure: No
: Institute of Human Virology
: Feb 22, 2017