| The mission of the College of Human Ecology is to improve lives by exploring and shaping human connections to natural, social, and built environments. Faculty, students, and staff explore the human dimensions of social and natural sciences, design, nutrition and health, public policy, society, family, community, and other realms-all in pursuit of knowledge to make the world a better place. Using Cornell's far-reaching extension network and the college's translational research methods, we deliver our findings directly to communities and families, ensuring that our work reaches those who need it most.|
The Department of Policy Analysis and Management (PAM) has an immediate opportunity for an administrative assistant to provide a broad array of services. The Department focuses its research and teaching in the field of public policy, particularly in the areas of health policy, regulatory policy, and social policy.
As a critical member of the administrative staff team, this individual will proactively support the department in furthering its academic mission. Key responsibilities include:
- Creating and maintaining department web pages, in collaboration with the College's communications team.
- Creating and developing course related materials and other documents, including digital media clips, exams, PowerPoint presentations, posters, and other visual presentations and documents.
- Providing administrative assistance to PAM faculty members in support of their teaching, research and extension activities, including Blackboard support, travel and purchasing, meeting coordination and calendaring.
- Promoting, organizing and facilitating PAM events, including workshops and seminars.
- Associate's degree with minimum 4 years administrative experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility, and the ability to shift priorities successfully while meeting deadlines.
- Strong technical skills, including competency in the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Familiarity with web content management tools
- Sound judgment and ability to handle confidential information with discretion and professionalism.
University Job Title:Administrative Asst IV
Pay Rate Type:Hourly
Contact Name:Edgar Johnson
Number of Openings:1
Diversity and Inclusion are a part of Cornell University's heritage. We are a recognized employer and educator valuing AA/EEO, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.2017-02-22-08:00