| Company Overview:|
At Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK), we’re not only changing the way we treat cancer, but also the way the world thinks about it. By working together and pushing forward with innovation and discovery, we’re driving excellence and improving outcomes.
For the 27th year, MSK has been named a top hospital for cancer by U.S. News & World Report. We are proud to be on Becker’s Healthcare list as one of the 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare in 2016, as well as Glassdoor’s annual Employees’ Choice Awards 2017. We’re treating cancer, one patient at a time. Join us and make a difference every day.
The Annual Giving Department is seeking an Annual Giving Officer (AGO) to join their growing team. The Annual Giving Officer manages a portfolio of donors, proactively soliciting gifts primarily in the range of $1,000 to $5,000. The AGO is also responsible for completing assignments and projects under the direction of the Associate Director of Annual Giving.
The Annual Giving Officer is responsible for:
- Stewardship & Mass Contact Activities - Manage (includes qualifying, stewarding, soliciting) a portfolio of prospects that are capable of making $1,000 - $25,000 gifts. Meet contact goals that include in person, phone, email and written correspondence. Complete in-house mailing projects on behalf of the team.
- Proactive Cultivation & Outreach - Proactively cultivate and solicit Annual Giving prospects and donors within the $1,000 - $25,000 giving range. This includes proactively contacting prospects to deepen relationships, participation in MSK donor events, and strategic solicitation of donors to upgrade and retain annual gifts. Additional focus will be spent qualifying prospects for migration to Major Gifts, Planned Gifts and other areas.
- Porfolio Strategy & Prospect Management - Personally manage and organize outreach to a diverse portfolio of prospects.
- Special Projects - Other duties as assigned by the Associate Director of Annual Giving or Fundraising Manager.
- 2-4 years of fundraising experience (including soliciting, cultivating or stewarding donors)
- A minimum of a Bachelor's Degree
- Fluency in MS Office
- Superior communication skills, efficiency while multi-tasking and excellent planning and organizational skills are necessary.
- Knowledge of/interest in healthcare or science is preferred.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.