| EOE Statement:|
Washington University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
This position is intended to be a one-year position and will work full-time (37.5 hours per week).
Department Name/Job Location:
This position is in the Center for Empirical Research in the Law. This position is for the Danforth Campus.
Position will entail close collaboration with center co-directors and technology staff to promote and support activities and events of the Center for Empirical Research in the Law (CERL) and the School of Law by conducting independent research, providing administrative support, assisting with social media and email communication, and/or website development and maintenance.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Locate and summarize key points in literature on law and legal institutions; collect data relating to law and legal institutions; use appropriate software programs to assist with data entry.
- Provide administrative support for the co-directors and the Center and the technology staff, including coordinating efforts of student research assistants; maintaining electronic and hard copy filing system; scheduling and coordinating meetings; making travel arrangements; and processing purchasing, disbursement and reimbursement requests.
- Plan, publicize and oversee workshops and conferences the Center and provide back-up support to law school events as needed
- Perform a variety of Internet research functions and uses word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software
- Conduct research for potential grant opportunities; assist with grant applications; coordinate reporting and responses to granting agencies.
- Assist with public communications for CERL products, projects, and the center itself by updating and maintaining website, helping to establish social media presence, and developing communication materials.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- High school degree and demonstrated experience in position requiring initiative, problem-solving and excellent organizational skills.
- Strong research skills.
- A demonstrated ability to learn new skills quickly and to take initiative
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and strong interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with students, faculty, staff, visitors and guests on the phone and in person
- Ability to take initiative in recognizing and developing solutions to problems.
- Ability to work as a team member to accomplish a broad variety of tasks with high visibility and high-pressure deadlines.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize in order to see that all assigned tasks in all areas are accomplished.
- Excellent computer skills required, including experience with Microsoft Office, web-based systems, and MacOS X or Microsoft Windows.
- Willingness and ability to learn new software as required.
- Excellent word processing, data entry, spelling, grammar, and punctuation skills required.
- Strongly prefer Bachelor's degree in political science, statistics, or computer science with some undergraduate experience in legal or political science research.
- Experience with image editing and HTML coding optimization for email
- Expertise in cross-platform email techniques for major email clients such as Gmail, Outlook, Yahoo, Apple Mail, etc.
- Experience using email testing tools such as Litmus
- Understanding of all major web browsers and the special techniques needed to code for each
- Working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop or Adobe Illustrator
- Strong sense of visual/aesthetic design principles
- Experience developing WordPress Sites, including the deployment and development of theme-based sites and plugins
- Experience with WordPress Multisite
- Basic front-end skills, including HTML5 and CSS3
- Experience with (or strong understanding of) PHP is an advantage
The hiring range for this position is $15.37 - $19.22 per hour.
-Retirement Savings Plan
-22 vacation days
-8 Paid Holidays
-Tuition benefits for employee, spouse and dependent children
-Free Metro Link/ Bus pass
-Free Life Insurance
-Health, Dental, Vision
-Health Savings Accounts (HSA)
-Long Term Disability Insurance
-Flex Spending Plan
Human Resources website (hr.wustl.edu)
Applicant Special Instructions:
A cover letter is required with your application materials.
You may upload your cover letter and other documents after submitting the application by selecting "add attachment" on the My Activities page, accessible by clicking in the My Activities box on the upper right hand side of your home page at https://jobs.wustl.edu/.
Internal Applicant Instruction:
Please attach a copy of your most current signed performance evaluation (completed within the last 18 months) to your online account. If you have not received a performance evaluation, you may provide two current signed letters of recommendation (written within the last 18 months), preferably to include one letter from either a current or recent former supervisor. To attach these documents, go to: My Career Tools, Add Attachment, Attachment Type – Performance Reviews or Letters of Recommendation.