NYU Langone is one of the nation's premier academic medical centers that includes five hospitals (Tisch Hospital, Rusk Rehabilitation, Hospital for Joint Diseases, Hassenfeld Children's Hospital of New York, and NYU Lutheran Medical Center) and more than 200 ambulatory locations across the New York metropolitan area. It also includes NYU School of Medicine, which since 1841 has trained thousands of physicians and scientists who have helped to shape the course of medical history. Our trifold mission to serve, teach, and discover is achieved daily through an integrated academic culture devoted to excellence in patient care, education, and research. Learn more about NYU Langone.
We have an exciting opportunity to join our team as a Food Service Helper.
In this role, the successful candidate under the direction of the Patient Services Management, the Host Associate position is a technical position operating within the Food and Nutrition Services Department. The Host Associate is responsible for improving the quality of care. This is accomplished by creating an atmosphere of hospitality throughout the patients hospital stay.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by management.
- Maintains patient confidentiality as required by NYULMC.
- Attends training classes and meetings as directed.
- Maintains a professional appearance and speaks in a courteous manner using good customer service skills.
- Maintains a safe, clean and functional work environment.
- Remains available to patients at meal times in order to ensure patient satisfaction by making sure patients receive correct order.
- Answers phones in a prompt and courteous manner and records calls on the Diet Office log as necessary.
- Checks and restocks floor supplies.
- Keeps menu tally and totals. Inserts new menus and pull discharges to ensure new patients receive meals in a timely manner and meals are not sent for discharged patients.
- Retrieves soiled trays from the patient bedside and return food truck to the kitchen.
- Delivers meal trays to the patient's bedside.
- Delivers meal trays in truck to patient care unit(s).
- Assembles trays with selected menu items.
- Enters patient meal preferences by using Room Service Choice. Menu preference information is entered using a hand held tablet. Maintains familiarity with the patient menu to answer patient questions.
- Informs supervisor of any special request in patients dietary needs.
- Consults with Nutritionist and Supervisor regarding each patients dietary needs and changes in patient status.
- Reviews patient census information, articulates the menu selections, and works as a liaison to Patient Services for meal set up.
- Demonstrates knowledge of the organizations Core Values of: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and incorporates them into the performance of duties. Employs the principle of positive guest relations, maintaining a good rapport and cooperative working relationship with all patients including co-workers and multi-disciplinary team members
To qualify you must have a Must have a High School Diploma or equivalent. Some college and/or higher academic standing preferred.
Must be able to read, write, and speak English fluently, bi-lingual a plus.
Must have basic math, grammar, computer and key boarding skills.
Must have interpersonal skills, and ability to perform\ service recovery is necessary to effectively interact with patients, families, employees and staff.
Ability to walk to assigned nursing units several times per day.
Previous hospital Food Service menu processing a plus.
Strong written and verbal communication skills.
A.A. degree in Nutrition or related major.
Qualified candidates must be able to effectively communicate with all levels of the organization.
NYU Langone provides its staff with far more than just a place to work. Rather, we are an institution you can be proud of, an institution where you'll feel good about devoting your time and your talents.
NYU Langone Medical Center is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender dysphoria, national origin, age, religion, disability, military and veteran status, marital or parental status, citizenship status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision. We require applications to be completed online.
If you wish to view NYU Langone Medical Center's EEO policies, please click here. Please click here to view the Federal 'EEO is the law' poster or visit http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm for more information.