Department: Administrative Computing
Summary of Position:
The Enterprisewide Developer/Analyst II works closely with administrative departments to maintain and enhance business processes, and support them in the processing, analysis, and access to data. The goal is to design and implement data management processes and interfaces that simplify or automate existing business processes. At times, the developer/analyst will design and develop new business processes with strategic tools and systems. This position requires a person who combines solid programming skills and complementary analysis skills. This person must be able to write functional and technical specifications for data movement and basic business functions using his/her knowledge of our systems. They should be able to write, test, implement, and document programs or interfaces which meet these specifications.
- Writes, tests, and documents complex data management processes that enable administrative staff to work more effectively with faculty, students, and alumni.
- Develops integration processes to share data among internal, external and cloud-based systems using tools such as Informatica and Workday Integration systems.
- Supports and develops processes for legacy ERP (Banner), imaging (ImageNow), customer relations (Salesforce), Workday, and other systems.
- Ensures that software application enhancements, patches, and updates are implemented using agreed Software – Development Lifecycle processes.
- Mentors and trains more junior developers on current technologies and processes as appropriate.
- Works closely with external technical contractors to implement new functionality or develop interfaces to new systems.
- Trains and supports Key Users and general users in the use of new technologies.
- Provides general user support for programs, applications and processes in production use. Responds to issues tickets and requests in a timely manner, using university and departmental ticketing systems and processes to document work and resolution.
- Contributes in departmental and team meetings, and works closely with other members of Administrative Computing, IT, and Key Users as required.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline, plus 2 to 5 years of experience in IT software development, coding, documentation, and system maintenance.
Ability to develop sophisticated interfaces with current tools such as Informatica, PL-SQL, and Java.
Ability to master new technologies associated with cloud platforms such as Salesforce and Workday.
Solid database experience with Oracle and SQL Server, including functions, stored procedures, triggers, etc.
Technical leadership in the creation and maintenance of a secure, scalable, and robust development environment.
Ability to support web application servers, and install and configure third party products (e.g., Eclipse, Java, J2EE, or other development environments) in cooperation with other IT staff.
Accomplished problem-solving and trouble-shooting skills.
Excellent command of written and oral English to promote strong communication with technical and user audiences.
Active interest in continuous professional development, training, skill enhancement, and in mentoring colleagues. Ability to seek out new technologies and make recommendations where applicable.
Capacity to work independently, to manage own time, to make accurate estimates and meet project deadlines.
Posting #: FY171P3336
Bentley University requires reference checks and may conduct other pre-employment screening.